New Findings and Fixes thread for Droid 2.0.1 OTA updates

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by mth04, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lauriep

lauriep Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I love the web experience, too. I browse non-mobile adapted sites all the time and find them VERY user friendly and easy to navigate.

I also find it so interesting that some people have had tons of issues since the update, and others, like me, had no bad experiences at all. My contacts were right where they have always been, all my apps work as they always have, the browser has a very slight lag now, but nothing even worth mentioning. What is it that makes the difference? The apps we have downloaded (I use the native home screen and messaging, no apps for these)? The way we use the phone? What????? We all have the same phone (except for the few who actually had defective handsets), so what is it that makes the difference???

2. juliem

juliem New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm also adding my name to the list of folks that are experiencing few, if any, problems since the update. My calls are clearer, my contacts are all present, my battery life is *so* much better, my phone is faster...I'm thrilled! Yeah, the browser is a bit slower to scroll, but I don't mind it at all.

3. On Droids

On Droids Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Google maps used to take several minutes to 'lock on' to a satellite before the update...I have used it several times since the OTA update and now it literally only takes a few seconds to lock on.

Also noticed when using maps before the update during navigation the blue icon would always be in the center of the screen/map and now after the update the icon is always at the bottom of the screen/map...at least that's how it is on my unit.

4. kevin1016

kevin1016 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Don't use the browser:

5. srothkin

srothkin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had a few cases now where all of a sudden some apps stop responding and I have to reboot the phone to restore it to normal. It's happened to Astrid and to the stock Calendar app. I tap on the icon on the home page (I am running Panda Home) and nothing comes up. I tap a few more times and then it says Calendar isn't responding -- force close or wait.

6. stastnysnipes26

Ratings:
    +0
    why do you have this phone if your going to compare it to a win 95 desktop? this device displays beautiful website in full...granted you might have to scroll a lot but it is a handheld device. if you need something bigger you should buy a tablet or a netbook

7. Mongoose

Mongoose Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You captured it perfectly...even though we hold the technology in our hands, the websites have to be compliant for that technology to work perfectly and until they are (it wont be long) we are stuck with scrolling around, checking bank balances, the DJIA, knowing we have an email with a monster attachment...etc etc...and basically playing with our latest electronic toy. A business machine or pocket PC...it aint...but it's still a ton of fun and one of the coolest gadgets out there...:icon_ devil:

8. jahtv98

jahtv98 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Guys, I apologize in advanced if this has already been talked about here, but Im having issues with weather while on the dock. Not a big deal but it started after the update. Anyone having the same issues? If so, anyone knows why is happening? Any around solution? Thanks!

9. josh

josh Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't had any problems with the update. The only real improvement I've noticed has been with battery life. And I thought it was pretty good to begin with!

My only complaints are minor and nitpicky... I prefer the old arc unlock, and I don't like the off-center clock or the font they use on the lock screen. I also miss the green buttons on the dial pad of the phone app. Not sure why they changed that...trying to look more like iPhone?

10. dandy007

dandy007 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am happy to announce I got mine on Tuesday, and it took care of so much. I am so glad to have it! Night and day difference, lag fixed, and more stability for a rooted Droid!

NICE!!:icon_ banana:

Can't wait for the future updates, I hope having my Droid rooted will not cause any problems with future updates; anyone know the answer to that?

11. vatothe0

vatothe0 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Has anyone had a problem gps flat out not working after the update? Mine works fine but my girlfriend's phone won't find gps even after reboots, battery pulls, waiting 40 minutes etc...

12. windstrings

windstrings Active Member

Ratings:
    +0

What are you doing to conclude it doesnt work?

I have a little app called "a2b" and there is a free accompanying app called "radar".
    it becomes pretty obvious if the gps is working as it accurate to a few feet.

The radar is too cool as you can save a location and then when your away from that location it shows either on map or radar the miles and feet you are from it and the exact direction..... after the update it works even better.. not sure if thats due to the app being updated "because it was" or the Droid.. but it would be a good way for you to test.

#408 windstrings, Dec 14, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

droid 1 ota

droid razr bluetooth squelch

tr droid 2.0