New Findings and Fixes thread for Droid 2.0.1 OTA updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkDF

Reaction score
Anyone notice after the upgrade to 2.0.1, now whenever you use the car dock and disconnect from car dock, all the icons on home screen disappear? It requires reboot to bring it back?

Doesn't happen to me. My car dock is an inexpensive car mount from Fred Meyer with a magnet taped in the right place. Works like a charm!

wreckerbabe

Reaction score
Yes. We were in a car on the freeway in a wide open area. Her phone would search for gps forever and my phone would lock on in about 10 seconds.

I'll try reloading the update. Is there a process for rolling back to 2.0?
Something I discovered with mine, I not only have to have the Use GPS satellites checked but I also need to have the Use wireless networks check as well. Maps then works fairly quickly, otherwise it just searches.

Is this the way it's supposed to work?

windstrings

Reaction score
Yes. We were in a car on the freeway in a wide open area. Her phone would search for gps forever and my phone would lock on in about 10 seconds.

I'll try reloading the update. Is there a process for rolling back to 2.0?
Something I discovered with mine, I not only have to have the Use GPS satellites checked but I also need to have the Use wireless networks check as well. Maps then works fairly quickly, otherwise it just searches.

Is this the way it's supposed to work?

I always have "use wireless networks enabled" Most of the time apps can locate you close enough through your wifi and mobile 3g connections.... for very accurate needs, only then do I enable gps.. as there is no use in using battery for something you dont need that often.

windstrings

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the next update is coming in January?
Seems I saw a list of items to be considered but don't have it handy if anyone knows.

iba10753

Reaction score
Not sure whether this was noticed or not but during my manual update to 2.0.1, I saw that all of the file dates were 5-4-09. I have no idea how these files are assembled for the update but thought it strange to see that date on all the files.

Thanks,
Ben

mapexvenus

Reaction score
My phone has the following issues after 2.01:

1. Phone locks up / freezes- this has happened once
2. Battery is being consumed more rapidly.
3. When I unlock the home screen, I am sometimes presented with the dialpad and sometimes with the homescreen. This happens even when the screen I am on when I lock the device is the home screen.

windstrings

Reaction score
Not sure whether this was noticed or not but during my manual update to 2.0.1, I saw that all of the file dates were 5-4-09. I have no idea how these files are assembled for the update but thought it strange to see that date on all the files.

Thanks,
Ben

Mine show the same thing ben... on "3" of them at 3:43PM
Those are most likely files imported over from an earlier version of the firmware that didn't need to be changed.. I wouldn't worry about those.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Thanks,
Ben

Mine show the same thing ben... on "3" of them at 3:43PM
Those are most likely files imported over from an earlier version of the firmware that didn't need to be changed.. I wouldn't worry about those.

agreed. it's a collective process creating updates and they don't necessarily have to 're-invent' the wheel when they provide updates. Some working parts stay, some go... so the dating on the files shouldn't be a concern :)

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Closed

I took this one down. We will re open another thread to discuss the OTA update in a few. This one is long so it's :closed_2: also

Status
Not open for further replies.