New Fennec Build - its getting great

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Hey folks,

There is a new "nightly build" of the alpha of "FENNEC", the mobile browser version of the well known firefox. I've tested it on my Nexus one, and beside loading a bit too long, the look and feel of this version is GREAT! Also, the size has been reduced from 30MB down to 9MB!

Keep up the good work!

The only thing needed now, is speed, and all the good addons we know from firefox! But try it yourself!

http://ul.to/29g5f4

Download the APK

RinTinTigger

via

Last edited:

Varking

Reaction score
I get an error about parsing, likely due to formatting my SD card in preparation for apps 2sd.

hwanhunglo

Reaction score
Doesn't work for me. It just goes to black screen when I try to launch and then returns to home screen.

armeddroid

Reaction score
i tried it out. i do like the way it looks...
its extremely slow of course but to be able to see what its going to look like, its def nice...
Uninstalled and will wait for the official release. Might be the one browser to beat when it does come out, tho.
Thanks, RTTigger!

OP
RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
its extremely slow of course but to be able to see what its going to look like, its def nice...
Uninstalled and will wait for the official release. Might be the one browser to beat when it does come out, tho.
Thanks, RTTigger!

As i said, it IS slow yet, but the UI, look and feel is GREAT! and its ALPHA....so i cant imagine how great the release will be

armeddroid

Reaction score
Thanks, RTTigger!

As i said, it IS slow yet, but the UI, look and feel is GREAT! and its ALPHA....so i cant imagine how great the release will be

I like the UI alot and i realize its an Alpha.. So i really hope to see this soon.
I am a big fan of FFX and Chrome..hopefully these 2 browsers live up to its PC counterparts in terms of usability on a phone.