New. Female. 56 yrs old.

Feathersnpaws

Reaction score
Hello. Although I've read this forum at times I think it's about time I join. So I did. I had a question this time. I'll poke around and see where I'm supposed to do that. So much to learn even though I've had my Droid since last March. Hardly ever use the computer now. LOVE my Moto Droid!!! :):):)

_Killer_

Reaction score
There is a "Droid general discussions" section for general questions.. There is also a "search forums" option on this site..

Welcome to the site! If you can't find what you're looking for, just post here.. I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum - We are glad to have you here

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Glad you finally made the decision to register.

Welcome aboard!!! Great to have you

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. We've been expecting you.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

texstar420

Reaction score
Welcome Feathersnpaws I know there is much to learn but believe me if you hang out here a bit you will learn so much. This is the best place to learn about the Android OS. Hope you enjoy your experience I know I do.

OP
F

Feathersnpaws

Reaction score
There is a "Droid general discussions" section for general questions.. There is also a "search forums" option on this site..

Welcome to the site! If you can't find what you're looking for, just post here.. I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction.
Thank you Killer! I do have a question that I posted but did not get any replies. I have a Moto Droid original with Froyo. I can get video with sound on all the websites EXCEPT Comedy Central. The videos play on the website but no sound. Only on that website. Any idea why? HELP! I need my Jon Steward and Colbert!

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Hello. Although I've read this forum at times I think it's about time I join. So I did. I had a question this time. I'll poke around and see where I'm supposed to do that. So much to learn even though I've had my Droid since last March. Hardly ever use the computer now. LOVE my Moto Droid!!! :):):)

Welcome Feathers! I upgraded to the original droid from an HTC Mogul (Windows Mobile Verizon VX6800) phone so I can tell you there can be a lot to learn. I'm still learning and playing every day with my phone ;-)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
:welcome: to the forum!

What browser are you using to cruise those sites? Depending on the browser you'll get warnings about sites being optimized or not for mobile use while trying to play a video. The Skyfire browser will convert video on the fly, but I'm not too impressed with the conversion quality. However, as always. YMMV. :)

OP
F

Feathersnpaws

Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum!

What browser are you using to cruise those sites? Depending on the browser you'll get warnings about sites being optimized or not for mobile use while trying to play a video. The Skyfire browser will convert video on the fly, but I'm not too impressed with the conversion quality. However, as always. YMMV. :)
I use the browser that comes on the original Droid and tried Skyfire too but it's the same issue ONLY on the Comedy Central Website where the videos have no audio.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
That website is a nightmare!

Crashes my browser every time, forces redraws, kills apps in the background to free up memory, and the video is terrible quality over 3g. Sure enough, got the warming about it not being optimized, but I did get sound.

This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain.

OP
F

Feathersnpaws

Reaction score
Ugh... I guess ill have to resign myself to comedy central on my laptop. oddly enough though they are streaming live the rally in DC and the audio on that from my Droid is fine.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forums!!

You have come to the right place as this forum and community is top notch :)...

Jump in and enjoy!!