New features YOU want for Sapphire?

Ozzie

Reaction score
Oh boy...you asked...:icon_eek:

Yes...lol
There looks to be much potential here to do different things.
I've read it's designed for email, messages, and the like. But what I would like it to show would be how hard it's working...like a sliding scale of some sort.
I saw it once on what must've been a fluke with a different rom and it was really neat looking.

OP
Tanknspank

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh boy...you asked...:icon_eek:

Yes...lol
There looks to be much potential here to do different things.
I've read it's designed for email, messages, and the like. But what I would like it to show would be how hard it's working...like a sliding scale of some sort.
I saw it once on what must've been a fluke with a different rom and it was really neat looking.

kk, I'll add it to the op.

jbrock98

Reaction score
One thing that always bugged me about sapphire was the vibrate, so much longer, it was aggravating after being used 2 default, I'd just ask 4 an option 4 it

Sent from my PERFECT CHEVYBLUE ss4.8 Droid

jsan2727

Reaction score
Is it possible to build in the ability to have audio such as music or Audible Player over the mono bluetooth?

I know there are two versions of the app called "Super BT Mono Pro", but it does not work on D1.

This is something i have spent a lot of time looking for but cannot find.

BTW I am currently using Sapphire 1.0 and love it!

If anyone knows how to do this please PM me.

wingdo

Reaction score
Tank,

There are a couple items I like about CM (but way more I do not) but I would like to see what of these could be added:

Tighter integration of ADW (in CM ADW settings is even in the main settings like GEM settings)

Ability to switch between a light and dark status bar theme

WyContacts

Ability to pick what rotations of the Droid you wish to allow or disallow (I have an enhancement request on this, see it or ask for more details). Just about every other ROM has this ability. I ***hate*** the 270 degree rotation and would appreciate the ability to disable it.

OP
Tanknspank

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
One thing that always bugged me about sapphire was the vibrate, so much longer, it was aggravating after being used 2 default, I'd just ask 4 an option 4 it

Maybe you could elaborate more?
Is it possible to build in the ability to have audio such as music or Audible Player over the mono bluetooth?

I know there are two versions of the app called "Super BT Mono Pro", but it does not work on D1.

This is something i have spent a lot of time looking for but cannot find.

BTW I am currently using Sapphire 1.0 and love it!

If anyone knows how to do this please PM me.
added to the op
Tank,

There are a couple items I like about CM (but way more I do not) but I would like to see what of these could be added:

Tighter integration of ADW (in CM ADW settings is even in the main settings like GEM settings)

Ability to switch between a light and dark status bar theme

WyContacts

Ability to pick what rotations of the Droid you wish to allow or disallow (I have an enhancement request on this, see it or ask for more details). Just about every other ROM has this ability. I ***hate*** the 270 degree rotation and would appreciate the ability to disable it.

I totally agree on all of these. all added :D

kevdog

Reaction score

Not to mention CM -- but they have the vibration tweeker -- I know it was added by a third party.

bhughesiii

Reaction score
I would like to see a CCROMS updater for those of us who do not use ROM Manager to get information sent to our phones for new rom updates.

Armyof2

Reaction score
Update push so we don't have to reflash every time lil tweaks come along....not sure how this would affect themes though

Homindroid

Reaction score
I would love to see integration of a backup and restore function of sys settings and apps. Overall, I wish all rom developers would go to a standardized system..Closest I have seen is the BB.5 restore function.

Dustin

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ducky124

Reaction score
the ability to move all apps to sd card, even if the app developer hasn't allowed it

Tsusai

Reaction score
My thoughts

4. 15 recent apps instead of just 8 <- 15 is a tad too much, 8 is fine for me, but another row of 4 would be pushing it for me.
5. Long press back arrow to kill app that is in foreground. Bug 238 &ndash; Long press back button to kill foreground process
7. Ability to change system components colors without rebooting
8. GUI for scriptybox Bug 252 &ndash; GUI for Scriptybox <-Yes, I loved Pete's BBToolKit when I was on Bugless

11. Desire HD "Hibernate" Twitter / cyanogen: Yeah, CM6 "does" too :) ht ... <- IDK, most of the time I reboot, it needs a reboot. :p
13. Tighter integration of ADW (in CM ADW settings is even in the main settings like GEM settings) <- only if it doesn't get in the way of launcherpro

16. Ability to pick what rotations you wish to allow or disallow <- Yes

Now as for:
3. Use scriptybox to update system apps like ADW, cytown, gmail, etc.

I noticed something kinda cool the other day, and was hoping this magic could be harnessed. I performed a clean wipe last week, after all the search and gmail updates were out. I then installed everything at 1 time via clockworkmod. On first boot, I hit the 4 corners to bypass the intro. Now I don't remember if i signed into gmail at this point, but the market was launched in a "update mode" without me telling it to. It updated the new gmail and search apps without an issue (failing only on Superuser). My guess is that this initial update is launched by the system and not user (thus higher privilages). If a call to invoke the phone to hit the market and update/download/install on its own like on first boot, that would be epic.

Additional toy: Adding Silent and Vibrate to volume control buttons like UltimateDroid (when pressing Vol+ Vol- keys)

Fix: Lock screen play button control launching & playing stock music program when pandora or other streamer is paused.

OP
Tanknspank

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would like to see a CCROMS updater for those of us who do not use ROM Manager to get information sent to our phones for new rom updates.
Maybe a notification when a new update is around. I still don't like the idea of downloading something to the phone.

Not to mention CM -- but they have the vibration tweeker -- I know it was added by a third party.
link maybe? is there anything documented on this? I still have no idea what you two are talking about.
Update push so we don't have to reflash every time lil tweaks come along....not sure how this would affect themes though
depends on what changes. but it's added to the op.
I would love to see integration of a backup and restore function of sys settings and apps. Overall, I wish all rom developers would go to a standardized system..Closest I have seen is the BB.5 restore function.

Dustin

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Maybe you should start a thread asking the developers that want to to come together on something like this. Wouldn't hurt.
the ability to move all apps to sd card, even if the app developer hasn't allowed it
Never. This causes more problems than you would imagine.