New features YOU want for Sapphire?

jimmypop13

Reaction score
I'd like to see the old volume feature where you could have sound and vibrate together, turn it down to silent/vibrate only, and turn it down one more to silent/no vibrate. This is missing in the newer OTA roms and in the previous build of Sapphire I had. It's been a dealbreaker for me having to go into settings to constantly change vibrate options.

Armyof2

Reaction score
That's been taken care of a few builds ago so you'll be all set

1.1.5:
Added GEM system user [cvpcs]
Instead of running low-level system apps as the uber-powerful,
all-knowing SYSTEM... (que TRON music here) ... I have opted to
create a less powerful (but still equally epic) user named "gem"
which only has access to what is required to run custom system
apps such as GEMSettings and CWiiDConfig

Reverted to 2.1 volume rocker behavior [erasmux]
Reverted to the original 2.1 volume rocker behavior that will
go from sound -> vibrate -> silent when using the volume rocker
to adjust ring volume.

Reaction score
i want to preface this by saying i'm using pdroids build of sapphire 2.0.2, and i know the official version hasnt been released and will be different than the one i have now.

I've never used the project elite rom, but i came across this looking at the screen shots of the rom.

with the new status bar power widget, can there be a way to adjust each option, like it looks in the pic below. say for the sound option I only want to choose between sound on or vibrate, opposed to sound on/sound & vibrate/vibrate/silent?

the brightness control i have now has the Auto and then 6 choices for screen brightness. can there be a way to limit it so Auto and 2 or 3 brightness levels?

Dan

Attachments

• s3.png
    s3.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 306

Tsusai

Reaction score
Not something for 2.0.2. because I can't wait for it, but quiet notification hours was lovely from CM, mainly because I would forget to disable sync before going to bed sometimes and the pixie noise scares the crap outta me. I can't silence the phone when I sleep because I've gotten family emergency phone calls in the past and still need to be able to get those, but I could care less about 2am emails flying in.

CruiseFL510

Reaction score
How bout these options in the Galaxy pulldown power control :
- Reboot
- Mount/unmount sd card

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

undroid

Reaction score
Make phone only contact as an option for adding new contacts.

bhughesiii

Reaction score
ability to have wifi and 3g at the same time, maybe with a priority

Considering that 2.0.2 is the last Sapphire release ever (unless someone else steps into cvpcs' shoes), this is not likely to happen. But I agree it would be cool.

ACalcutt

Reaction score
ability to have wifi and 3g at the same time, maybe with a priority

Considering that 2.0.2 is the last Sapphire release ever (unless someone else steps into cvpcs' shoes), this is not likely to happen. But I agree it would be cool.

I read that after I posted this. kind of sad to see sapphire is going away. I never really liked CM, hopefully it is better now.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Someone is planning to use the sapphire code and continue the rom. Hopefully that turns into something.