New Feature in Android Market shows device compatibility

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Google has revamped Android Market, its own app store, to show devices that are compatible with each individual app. Now, when you visit Android Market on the desktop, the app that you’re viewing or trying to purchase will give you a compatibility list showing which of the Android phones or tablets that you have registered will work properly with the app.

With the compatibility check, Android users may feel more confident in making more app purchases, especially considering that Google had shortened the refund period for app purchases recently.

Also, as the Android platform is fragmented with various devices, device-makers, and also OS versions of Android, a compatibility check will help users quickly identify if the app will work with their particular device(s). Previously, users had to rely on developers to list specific compatibility in the app description.

By uplade3
Source: Android Market now show device compatibility

uga81

Reaction score
When is this feature going to be in the market?

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
This isn't a new feature on the website tho, is it? For all but like the first month I've been able to select which device I wanted to install an app on from the mark.android.com website by means of a pop-up window asking me to select a device, and graying out the devices its not supported on.

Glad to hear it's coming to the phones tho!

josemakalolot

Reaction score
and because of this feature I can't even download google maps or youtube or go dev team apps on my phone.