[NEW] Fastboot Files/Gingerbread 2.3.5 CDMA Droid Razr XT912 Verizon.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
razr_1.jpeg

Nothing more needs to said. Daywalkero4 over at XDA has provided the files. This will bring a smile to many Motorola Droid RAZR owners faces everywhere.

WARNING
: These files are for the Motorola Droid RAZR XT912 ONLY!

FASTBOOT FILES for Motorola Droid RAZR XT912

mkemvp32

Reaction score
Forgive my newbness, but what exactly does this mean? Does it get us closer to a stock ICS rom for the RAZR? How can these files help me?

todroid

Reaction score
Great news, CK, thanks for posting on the front page! The last piece of the puzzle (don't give a rats behind about the bootloader lock).

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Great news, CK, thanks for posting on the front page! The last piece of the puzzle (don't give a rats behind about the bootloader lock).

I liked this post cuz I agree...But....news of the HTC bootloaders all being unlocked isnt gonna sit too well with some folks...

At this point with all these current phones...I seriously see no need to run custom ROMs or overclock. Launchers are getting updates left n right, new launchers are popping up here n there....and more ways to customize the phone out the box with apps keep coming. Custom kernels are another story as they can increase battery life. At times I get a twitch to get a phone with a more open bootloader....but my wants n needs are a lil more important than custom ROMs n kernels. Now, if I couldnt root??? I would burn some buildings down...LOL!!

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Forgive my newbness, but what exactly does this mean? Does it get us closer to a stock ICS rom for the RAZR? How can these files help me?

They combine to create a fastboot rom for the RAZR that takes you back to full stock configuration (except that it doesn't delete installed apps). This is useful for two very important reasons. First, if you were in the process of rooting or unrooting and bricked or bootlooped your phone with no way to recover, this will allow you to get your phone back in working order. Second, if you want to receive and install the OTA upgrade, and don't want to run the risk of the above, you can fastboot into the stock ROM, get the OTA upgrade, then re-root and you're golden.

This will allow us to ALL take advantage of rooting and still be able to get the upgrades as they come down.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Right there with you jroc. Give me a phone that works otb and that I don't have to run custom ROMS/kernels to run well and I'm happy. Flashed enough ROMS and kernels to last me a lifetime. It gets old real fast setting up your phone every week :)

Its all about reliability and solid performance otb for me. Locked, unlocked, welded shut, I don't care. Root access is all I want.

I'm tired of the flashing. I'll let the new guys enjoy the fun. Been there done that :)

Sent from Droid RAZR

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
So coming from the Droid X and Droid Pro I am used to SBF files, is this the same? Same procedure as flashing SBF with RSD lite? Except unlike the SBF it won't delete your installed apps? That sounds great.

mmcompute

Reaction score
I'm thinking a "How To" guide would be useful for us Noobs. dancedroid

bullswife98

Reaction score
Right there with you jroc. Give me a phone that works otb and that I don't have to run custom ROMS/kernels to run well and I'm happy. Flashed enough ROMS and kernels to last me a lifetime. It gets old real fast setting up your phone every week :)

Its all about reliability and solid performance otb for me. Locked, unlocked, welded shut, I don't care. Root access is all I want.

I'm tired of the flashing. I'll let the new guys enjoy the fun. Been there done that :)

Sent from Droid RAZR

+ 1000!!!! I Agree with this post! Been there done it!

Sent from my Updated and Rooted Razr sliced thin! :)

Captmilk

Reaction score

Sent from Droid RAZR

It is fun setting them up all the time..For me
Someone should create a restore account settings app. So when you flash everytime you don't have to re-put in all the info again.

dja1980

Reaction score
I hope this gets us a step closer to getting a Vanilla verison of Android on the Razr!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So coming from the Droid X and Droid Pro I am used to SBF files, is this the same? Same procedure as flashing SBF with RSD lite? Except unlike the SBF it won't delete your installed apps? That sounds great.

Well - yes, and no. This is applied under similar procedure as SBF if I am not mistaken, but this is not an SBF, it's a FastBoot. Process is as follows:

METHOD:

RSD Lite v5.6 - and the combined files in the OP
Load the file into RSD Lite v5.6
Boot the phone into AP Fastboot
Hit START on RSD - and let it run its course.

Also now reported, the process (and files available on XDA) works for the Atrix (here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1415336) and the Bionic (here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1417116). See link below.

Motorola Droid Bionic And Atrix 2 Fastboot Files Leak – Come Back From Soft Brick In A Snap

I see now that Cereal Killer mentioned the Bionic cure above. Great video on his post, by the way!!

Last edited: