New extended battery Droid X how do you reset battery stats

kevinkar

Reaction score
I have the Motorola extended battery and the cover is not flush like the stock battery. It's about 1-1.5mm higher but you don't really notice it. It still works in the Car Dock and the Multimedia Dock with room to spare. Some people seem to use the stock cover without issue but it's a tight fit and may distort the screen with the excess pressure. That's why they provide the newer cover with longer tines on it so that it provides proper space for the thicker battery.

When I installed the extended battery, the battery meter did not get wonky and correctly reported the charge level. Never had to clear the stats at all. In fact, I swap between the two batteries to keep them used and charged and the battery meter never seems to care which one is in and appears to correctly display the remaining charge for both.

That's my experience so far since receiving the extended battery a week or so before Christmas.

Kevin

OP
D

delta_kilo

Reaction score
The battery I bought is a 3500mAh. Some people have said they don't like the phone being wider but I don't care and more interested in the utility aspect of it than how thin it is but again this is personal preference. The new battery is about 2 to 3 times thinker than the stock. The new door make the phone a little wider than the widest part of the camera. So looking at the phone from the side the battery door makes the phone all most twice and thick but not quite. If that's going to bother you, you have been warned. If not and your like me you'll be in heaven with the extended run time. I haven't had my phone on the charger for going on 21 hours so far, so we'll see if it makes it to the 27 hour mark or goes past it this time. I turned off blue tooth, and readjusted my screen to where it will be and a few others things the way the phone will always be so I wont be surprised if I get longer use from this charge vs the first where I had everything on the phone on. My girl friend got a Droid X when I did and she could care less about the thickness and I have had to buy her one of these battery's too.

I think the app Battery Left Widget is going to work for keeping track of the actual battery level once it's calibrated which takes running the phone down to zero, then charging and repeating 5 times so the app can record the process. Plus the app is free and got good reviews.

Anyone ever figure out a way to disable the stock battery monitor in the status bar?

Jambanc

Reaction score
How much did ur battery cost u and where did u get it from? I got dx in the mail and love this thing! Thankx

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

tnronin

Reaction score
Jam there is a link to the seller in the previous page. Monitoring this for my best friend who has a Droid X.

Rocko

Reaction score
I have searched and not coming up with a answer. I have recently installed a new extended life battery in my Droid X. My phone used to run about 7 or 8 hours before needing to be charged I'm adveraging close to 24 now. Problem is the battery meter on the phone after 7 or 8 hours says the battery is all most empty even though it stays on for many hours after that. How do I reset the battery meter so it will track the new battery. I have let the phone drain completely, charge back up and still it doesn't track the new battery.

This is the only way i know how and you must be rooted.

1. Charge battery completely 100%.
2. Run koush's bootstrapper.
3. Reboot in recovery.
4. Go to advanced
5. Choose wipe battery stats.
6. Reboot.

Sorry if your not rooted and this is of no help to you.
Will this work on a non-rooted phone?

Jambanc

Reaction score
Yeah I know and thanks but it was my fault I missed out I've had tons of stuff going on just going 2 have 2 get it from another seller and hope it has the same kinda life 2 it.

OP
D

delta_kilo

Reaction score
Yes the battery will work on a rooted or non rooted phone. Mine is rooted and my girl friends is not. Hers just showed up. She's lovin it.

And the app Battery Left Widget is working and I now have a accurate battery meter.

Anyone ever figure out how to disable the stock battery meter?

nybadboy11

Reaction score
titaniam batteres

No it didn't work. I might try a hard reset and wipe the phone of everything putting it all back to factory then it would learn the battery like it did when I first got it. Not sure what else to do.
Dont bother cant be done with titaniam batteries :angry:

yensed

Reaction score

3. Reboot in recovery.
4. Go to advanced
6. Reboot.

How do I get "koush's bootstrapper"? I've searched everywhere and can't find Anything about it. Phone has been rooted from Day 1 and I figured when the time came where I got a battery like this - someone would have made an app for rooted android devices which resets the battery stats. I have the 3500mah battery for my droid X and have fantastic battery life. But after about 7-hours, it says I only have 5% remaining even thought it will go for Many more hours.

Thanks!

jellybean420

Reaction score

3. Reboot in recovery.
4. Go to advanced
6. Reboot.

How do I get "koush's bootstrapper"? I've searched everywhere and can't find Anything about it. Phone has been rooted from Day 1 and I figured when the time came where I got a battery like this - someone would have made an app for rooted android devices which resets the battery stats. I have the 3500mah battery for my droid X and have fantastic battery life. But after about 7-hours, it says I only have 5% remaining even thought it will go for Many more hours.

Thanks!

If your Droid X has been rooted from day 1 you should have it. Search droid x bootstraper in the market.