NEW ETF Fee for VZW?

medicTHREE

Reaction score
This is actually GOOD for most of us. Most of us stay with the carrier long term. The people that jump carriers, get cheap phones, etc jack up prices for us. THey subsidize phones to get us to sign contracts. IF we aren't staying in our contracts they need to find a way to make money again. I'd rather they did this than start raising prices on handsets or plans to compensate.

now, Verizon sees less of this than GSM carriers, because most of Verizon's phones are CDMA only or their world phones are not capable of GSM in the US, so they can't be used very easily after leaving Verizon.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
cereal killer;2715 He didn't say at subsidized pricing. He said you can get 15 phones in 24 months and not be charged an ETF. ETF are if you are cancelling your plan to go to another carrier.[/quote said:
lol exactly...there is not one mention in my post about a subsidized price. I was correcting your (Dean) misinformation about ETF applying to getting a new phone.

So what you are saying is you can go and buy 15 brand new handsets at full price and swap your Verizon service plan from one to the next - of course you can.

lol,

but i can also throw my Droid into a drawer and not use it at all for 24 months and go go buy the iPhone V5 and use that and not pay an ETF.

Nice way to distort the facts there.
Dean your reading and comprehension skills are indeed lacking.

I'm saying I can go and buy 15 new phones at full retail and stay on the same plan on the same network and >>>>>>not be charged an ETF...<<<<<

How hard is that to understand?

I think your problem is your one of those forum types who doesn't like to be corrected when spreading horrible misinformation : )

CK, nice to see you here from CB. Maybe Dean is CPUgeek from CB... Nah, can't be. Not nearly enough typos and not once did he mention his brother's neighbor's dog's vet's neighbor's sister's friend's step daughter's boyfriend's mom's hair stylist's dog saying something about ETFs.

jakens84

Reaction score
It probably has something to do with how much they are subsidizing these phones now. It bothers me though that we are forced to get data and now pay higher ETFs for these devices.

If you don't want to pay data fees, don't get an advanced phone....to me, it's pointless to get a phone BUILT for data use and then complain that you have to get a data plan.

Without the data plan, you just have a cell phone. They do sell those.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It probably has something to do with how much they are subsidizing these phones now. It bothers me though that we are forced to get data and now pay higher ETFs for these devices.

If you don't want to pay data fees, don't get an advanced phone....to me, it's pointless to get a phone BUILT for data use and then complain that you have to get a data plan.

Without the data plan, you just have a cell phone. They do sell those.

i couldnt agree more... and the higher ETF doesn't bother me i have no plans of leaving the best network in america...

lehane

Reaction score
early termination question

I'm early in my 2 year contract and want a droid. If I pay the retail price for it, can I then sell my old phone? Is the contract on the line or the phone? I'd love to not pay the full price but if I can sell my blackberry it would recoup some of the cost.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
I'm early in my 2 year contract and want a droid. If I pay the retail price for it, can I then sell my old phone? Is the contract on the line or the phone? I'd love to not pay the full price but if I can sell my blackberry it would recoup some of the cost.

Once you have the phone, it is yours. The contract is for line. You can do with you your phones as you please.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
ahh cool medics here : )

welcome brutha...a lot of CB users here. I started a thread last week about this place and recommended it.

Pretty awesome forum with a lot of obsessed future Droid users. Of course I'm not obsessed with the device I'm just here because.....well i'm just here to uh...anyway welcome.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

welcome brutha...a lot of CB users here. I started a thread last week about this place and recommended it.

Pretty awesome forum with a lot of obsessed future Droid users. Of course I'm not obsessed with the device I'm just here because.....well i'm just here to uh...anyway welcome.

okay the 1st step is to realize you have a problem... the next step is just to accept it and by the time you do that friday will be here...

jakens84

Reaction score

Once you have the phone, it is yours. The contract is for line. You can do with you your phones as you please.

Agreed. I buy and sell phones all through my contract period. I find some decent deals on eBay/Craigslist/Etc...I use the same areas to unload my old phones.

Just make sure that the phones you are buying/selling are free and clear of any provider issues/blocks.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

okay the 1st step is to realize you have a problem... the next step is just to accept it and by the time you do that friday will be here...
Garret I do NOT have a problem...I could quit looking at video's, forums, blogs, demo's, pics, reviews, aerial shots, hidden camera shots and walking into VZW every 39 seconds to see if they have a demo unit anytime I want. I'm just choosing not to right now.

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Garret I do NOT have a problem...I could quit looking at video's, forums, blogs, demo's, pics, reviews, aerial shots, hidden camera shots and walking into VZW every 39 seconds to see if they have a demo unit anytime I want. I'm just choosing not to right now.

Well i'm glad you pointed that out :happy: