NEW ETF Fee for VZW?

dean.collins

Reaction score
Sure but you may chose to get a new phone within 24 months....this early ETF will also apply to you even if you aren't leaving Verizon.
That's incorrect. They won't do that....ETF is for customers leaving VZW before their contract is up. Not buying a new phone. You can get 15 new phones in 24 months and not be charged an ETF.

15 phones at subsidized prices in 24 months - I call bullshit and you are talking out of your ass.

source please?

Cheers,
Dean

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sure but you may chose to get a new phone within 24 months....this early ETF will also apply to you even if you aren't leaving Verizon.
That's incorrect. They won't do that....ETF is for customers leaving VZW before their contract is up. Not buying a new phone. You can get 15 new phones in 24 months and not be charged an ETF.

15 phones at subsidized prices in 24 months - I call bullshit and you are talking out of your ass.

source please?

Cheers,
Dean

He didn't say at subsidized pricing. He said you can get 15 phones in 24 months and not be charged an ETF. ETF are if you are cancelling your plan to go to another carrier.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

source please?

Cheers,
Dean

He didn't say at subsidized pricing. He said you can get 15 phones in 24 months and not be charged an ETF. ETF are if you are cancelling your plan to go to another carrier.
lol exactly...there is not one mention in my post about a subsidized price. I was correcting your (Dean) misinformation about ETF applying to getting a new phone.

dean.collins

Reaction score
cereal killer;2715 He didn't say at subsidized pricing. He said you can get 15 phones in 24 months and not be charged an ETF. ETF are if you are cancelling your plan to go to another carrier.[/quote said:
lol exactly...there is not one mention in my post about a subsidized price. I was correcting your (Dean) misinformation about ETF applying to getting a new phone.

So what you are saying is you can go and buy 15 brand new handsets at full price and swap your Verizon service plan from one to the next - of course you can.

lol,

but i can also throw my Droid into a drawer and not use it at all for 24 months and go go buy the iPhone V5 and use that and not pay an ETF.

Nice way to distort the facts there.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
cereal killer;2715 He didn't say at subsidized pricing. He said you can get 15 phones in 24 months and not be charged an ETF. ETF are if you are cancelling your plan to go to another carrier.[/quote said:

So what you are saying is you can go and buy 15 brand new handsets at full price and swap your Verizon service plan from one to the next - of course you can.

lol,

but i can also throw my Droid into a drawer and not use it at all for 24 months and go go buy the iPhone V5 and use that and not pay an ETF.

dean what are you doing here? that doesn't even makes sense.

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

lol,

No one is trying to distort the facts here! Settle down a little bit please. We appreciate your input , but it could be said a little "nicer" if you get my drift :)

OfTheDamned

Reaction score

lol,

The ETF is ONLY for people canceling their plan and leaving Verizon. You can get an upgrade after a year and they are not going to charge you an ETF. As long as you maintain a calling plan with Verizon they are not going to charge you an ETF.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They won't even charge you an ETF if your getting a phone within only 10 months, you just have to pay full retail for it.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

lol,

Dean your reading and comprehension skills are indeed lacking.

I'm saying I can go and buy 15 new phones at full retail and stay on the same plan on the same network and >>>>>>not be charged an ETF...<<<<<

How hard is that to understand?

I think your problem is your one of those forum types who doesn't like to be corrected when spreading horrible misinformation : )

souljerr

Reaction score
Didn't Verizon have ETF before? I've been with them a number of years and recall them having it and then it just seemed to go away. Even when they were enforcing ETF they never charged me for upgrading or moving to a new phone.

Wonder if this will be a trend we see being used by other carriers like the old days again.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ETF is solely there for the purpose of if you are cancelling your contract with them outright. If all your doing is upgrading a phone, you are not going to be charged an ETF fee. The only thing that this is doing is making the fee of breaking the contract on smart / advanced phones more, because they are charged a higher price to get the phones in.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didn't Verizon have ETF before? I've been with them a number of years and recall them having it and then it just seemed to go away. Even when they were enforcing ETF they never charged me for upgrading or moving to a new phone.

Wonder if this will be a trend we see being used by other carriers like the old days again.

yeah, they have pretty much always had it. the deal is (vaguely) if you stay with them, just upgrade or downgrade, you don't get charged the ETF. your discount on the device you are switching to will depend on how long you have had your current plan though.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

yeah, they have pretty much always had it. the deal is (vaguely) if you stay with them, just upgrade or downgrade, you don't get charged the ETF. your discount on the device you are switching to will depend on how long you have had your current plan though.

This is correct. Every 10 months users on verizon's network with a 2 year contract are allowed to do a "annual upgrade" what this is, is your allowed to basically upgrade your phone if you so choose to, at the normal subsidized pricing that you would get if you were a new customer. After 20 months you are allowed to be part of the New Every 2 program, which will give you I think now it's down to $50 off a new phone if you have a plan 79.99 and higher. If you have a plan that is between 34.99 and 79.98 it is only $30.