1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New Error Message & Wire

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by jerryc41, Dec 1, 2010.

1. jerryc41

jerryc41 New Member

For the past few days, I have had a message pop up occasionally: "Error connecting server." What's with that?

Also, I bought a wire that I thought I could use to charge my X. It is micro HDMI on one end and HDMI on the other. Obviously, I need USB-to-micro HDMI. So, what can I use this cable for?

Jerry
  2. dtsig

dtsig New Member

You need a micro usb not micro hdmi
  3. jerryc41

jerryc41 New Member

Ah yes. I see that the charging cable is USB and the HDMI cable would plug in next to it. So, why do I need an HDMI? To show pictures & videos from the X on a TV?
  4. BodyBagz

BodyBagz Active Member

Yes, thats precisely what that HDMI is for.

If you dont mind me asking, what exactly lead you to believe you would be able to charge your phone through the HDMI port? Also, didnt your DX come with a miniUSB cable and wall charger adapter?
  5. jerryc41

jerryc41 New Member

Are you implying that I am stupid? Seriously, I knew the X used an HDMI, so when I saw one for a good price, I bought it. I probably got one with the phone, but I'd rather have two than not be able to find the one I have.

The charger I got with the phone has a detachable USB cable, which is really nice because I can use it with a car charger plug that accepts a USB cable.

I just wish the X used a mini USB, rather than a micro, since I have a few of those chargers from other phones. There are too many different sizes of everything!

Jerry
Search tags for this page
droid x app error message

droid x error messages

hdmi droid razr error message