New Droids! Are These the Lenovo Droids You Are Looking For?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-droid-2016-leak.jpg

Check this hot hot hot Droid leak! Supposedly, the images you see above are the new Lenovo made Droids coming to Verizon later this year. Additionally, those backplates are supposedly swappable and are called MotoMods!

Not only that, but these backplates include the ability to attach add-on modules with different features as options: one is a projector, one is a set of JBL speakers and the third is a Hasselblad camera. The word given is that these devices will be unveiled on June 9th. Holy crap! That's less than two weeks away! :D

Source: @evleaks

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
moto-droid-2016-leak.jpg

Check this hot hot hot Droid leak! Supposedly, the images you see above are the new Lenovo made Droids coming to Verizon later this year. Additionally, those backplates are supposedly swappable and are called MotoMods!

Not only that, but these backplates include the ability to attach add-on modules with different features as options: one is a projector, one is a set of JBL speakers and the third is a Hasselblad camera. The word given is that these devices will be unveiled on June 9th. Holy crap! That's less than two weeks away! :D

Source: @evleaks

Very exciting... the new modules should breathe some new life into the Droid line.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have to say... I am enamored with the design of these new Droid backplates. That black and gold one is smokin! I especially like the textured metallic design!

Last edited:

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
They look very nice...but the metal circle thingys are kind of ugly..

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
They look very nice...but the metal circle thingys are kind of ugly..

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
yeah, obviously more for functionality than design. However, I love the 360 like flat tire for the camera lens! (I still love my Moto 360.)
Haha, you picked up on that too! I wonder if they didn't do that on purpose to take some of the heat off the Moto 360...nah, I doubt it but it's still very coincidental if not.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
They look nice. Love the Black one but would prefer would Black and Chrome/Silver/Titanium. I bet these modules will be pricey.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
They look nice. Love the Black one but would prefer would Black and Chrome/Silver/Titanium. I bet these modules will be pricey.
I'm liking the black and gold as well.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
wow those look real nice. Can't wait to see them in person.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Definitely curious to see what all Moto reveals on June 9th; and then what they actually release later this year.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Droid Does...n't do it for me anymore.

Reactions: cr6

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Definitely curious to see what all Moto reveals on June 9th; and then what they actually release later this year.

I agree..but they're going to need to work hard to get my business again...a small processor jump and a slightly better screen won't do it ...the 2 t2's I've had have left me wondering about their quality going forward with lenovo. Huge batteries can be replaced by huge charging packs now..i prefer not to do that...but who knows..maybe they'll have good curb appeal this year. And yet..curb appeal may be all they have