New Droids 4g

tavandyk57

Reaction score
My wife and I just got the new droid razors, I am trying to assign different ringtones to my contacts. I can do this fine on my wifes phone, but when i do it on my phone it just goes back to the default ring. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Tom

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Have you tried restarting the phone and then trying the changes? Sometimes a simple restart can solve the problem

OP
T

tavandyk57

Reaction score
I tried the hard shutdown, that didnt work. In fact it kept on playing default over and over......

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I tried the hard shutdown, that didnt work. In fact it kept on playing default over and over......

If you change the default ringtone for the phone itself (not an individual contact) does the change stay?

I'm not sure what you mean by hard shutdown either...

OP
T

tavandyk57

Reaction score
If you change the default ringtone for the phone itself (not an individual contact) does the change stay?

I'm not sure what you mean by hard shutdown either...
hold the power button until power is off not standby.

OP
T

tavandyk57

Reaction score
Yes the phone ringtone will change just not the individual contacts.

OP
T

tavandyk57

Reaction score
Went to the verizon store, they wiped the phone memory then reinstalled everything from backup. We still ended up manually deleting the contacts that i wanted other ringtones on and reentering the contacts, and was able to change the ringtones. okay now:)