new droider in nj

sstrool

Reaction score
Hey everybody, got my Moto Droid yesterday. So far I love it. As i know this is the honeymoon period. Looking to stay productive while on the road, be entertained and connected.

i want to add music, so I am looking for ways to do this. Also wanted to know how to learn about new and updated apps that are must have.

Thanks

:):heart::motdroidvert:

BillTheCat

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!

For music, pics, and video, Motorola has sync software available free of charge HERE. You can also just plug the sucker into the PC and drag & drop music onto it. (Plug in, then tap the notifications bar & choose to "Mount" the phone so it will show in Windows Explorer for drop & draggin'.)

As for keeping up with apps, I suggest keeping an eye on the Droid Applications section of the forums, and maybe occasionally hitting Google. The apps are coming hot & heavy, so they're going to be tough to keep track of.

Right off the top of my head...

RingDroid is a great app for making ringtones out of your music selections.

Astro File Manager is basically Windows Explorer for your Droid.

Where is a good app for location based needs, like finding the nearest sushi joint, gas station, etc.

K-9 Mail BETA is a very good client for web based e-mail such as Hotmail & Yahoo.

PicSay Pro is one of the few apps I have paid for, and it is worth every cent- it's like Photoshop on the phone. AWESOME photo editor!!!

ShopSavvy is great for price checking- uses the camera to scan the barcode, and within seconds, you get both ineternet prices & local prices, with maps to the stores, etc.

Hello Note is a good basic app for scribbling notes freehand. AK Notepad is another free alternative that uses the keypad instead of you scribbling on the screen.

Google Sky Map is an awesome app for showing off to friends. Lets you point the phone at the sky & it actually maps what you're looking at, labelling the constellations, etc.

Open Home is a good home screen app that lets you add themes, and adds additional screens for more icons.

That should get you started.