New Droid

lyell

Reaction score
I'm trying to get some info about synicng contacts. I'm having some trouble. Any experts out there?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Are you using Gmail for you contacts? Do you have multiple accounts? Are you able to sync any of you contacts?

Mike

OP
L

lyell

Reaction score
Welcome! Are you using Gmail for you contacts? Do you have multiple accounts? Are you able to sync any of you contacts?

Mike

Thanks for the reply. I have three email accounts on my phone. gmail, hotmail and my corporate. Everything was fine until I add the corporate, it syncd all my contacts from outlook on my phone so I had several duplicates. I deleted the corporate and re-added it w/o the contact sync. Now when I add a contact it asks me which email account I want to associate it with which it's never done before and it wasn't updating my facebook contacts so I deleted the fb sync and re-establishied it, finally I got all my FB pictures associated with contacts, but now when I add a new contact even though it's says I'm sync'd with FB it won't update my phone with their FB information.

Sorry, I'm new to this forum...not even sure if I replied correctly

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do not use FB so I can't say how that may be impacting your issue. Based on personal experience I have issues with my corporate email which is Exchange. I use two different email apps. K9 for Gmail and corporate for Exchange. I solved my contact issues by migrating my contacts in Exchange to my Gmail account. Once in Gmail everything syncs perfectly. I still have my contacts in my Exchange account by in my contact settings I did not sync Exchange.

Mike

OP
L

lyell

Reaction score
Ok, thank you very much for the info.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I do use Facebook and I have to say that I am having the same problem here lately. I think it is a problem with Facebook. Most of the time the Facebook app sucks, just a word to the wise. I never rely on it anymore. I either go in through the browser on my phone or the computer.

But to answer your question about your contacts in FB, its a FB issue not your phone.

Welcome to the Forums!!!

OP
L

lyell

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I was wondering if it was FB.