New Droid X user

lucasarts

Reaction score
did some small research and love the android system and apps usable for this phone, had phone for about a week now and love it, still much to learn and kind disappointed there was no users guide or manual that came with the phone so went down to the Verizon store with some questions and they said there is so much information about the operation of this phone I need to go on the Droid forums and could purchase a Droid X for Dummies book.... OK so I joined the forum, I believe there is more information shared in here than anywhere else.

my first question after getting used to the phone is: i do not seem to find the "vibrate with ring" feature does anyone know where it exist ? it seems to show me it's a ether or feature ? can anyone verify this or if with any alerts

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
:welcome:

i use the app audio manager and it has a box to check vibrate on the ringer volume tone. i would imagine you can do it without the app, but idk where tthats at :)

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forum! the vzw rep is wise, daniel san - tons of info in here, and even more friendly people willing to help. jump in, get involved, and join in the fun!

as to your specific questions, i'm pretty sure you can dl a full user manual from the Moto websit. as to the "vibrate plus ring" feature, did you go into settings and try "call settings" or "sound". i'm rooted with a custom rom on D1, so i don't know for sure if it's in there. i remember seeing it somewhere...

Scotsman81

Reaction score
Go to Settings>Sounds and you'll find the vibrate settings.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to you, as well! couldn't stand watching the rest of us fumble around any longer?? LOL :)

Scotsman81

Reaction score
Lol, nah, but its one of the few times I can give the right answer :)

Scotsman81

Reaction score
Well, I'm guessing you have more exp. with android than I, and I don't wanna look stupid on my first post, lol.

OP
lucasarts

lucasarts

Reaction score
Droid X "newbie"

thank you for the help will try, also what is your opinions about a place for a variety of apps besides the market on the phone ?

:motdroidvert:

OP
lucasarts

lucasarts

Reaction score
has anyone had an issue when I go to view my weather short cut on the 2nd to the left screen from the centered "home" screen the weather shortcut has not changed ? could this be from if my Satellite is not turned on ? i thought that only needed to be on if you are using a GPS or map system but then again I thought it would also be on active for always current weather if you have unlimited data plan ? any answers ?