New Droid X user with a couple complaints

cuber351

Reaction score
Hoping to get these small isues fixed. Is it possible to have my phone have sound notifications on phone/texts/etc and vibrate in silent mode? I dont want both vibrate and sound, just one or the other.
Delivery reports are not working for me. At all. Any ideas on this?

I would be okay rooting if that what it takes but right now I'm not sure if I want to root or not.
Running 2.2 on Droid X

OP
C

cuber351

Reaction score
Sweet i might like that better actually.
Any idea on delivery reports? are all droid x users experiencing this as well?

rj in LA

Reaction score
froyo screwed up the vibrate/sound options. Look at the choices for vibrate:

Always, never, only in silent, only when not in silent.

Before froyo, you could use the volume control on the side of the phone to lower the ring level then after it got to silent, it went to vibrate only and then to full silent. It was very convenient if you went into a meeting and wanted the phone completely off. Then just one click up and you were back to vibrate only.

For people like me who never use the ringer (only vibrate or silent since i'm indoors all the time), I can't just do one click between silent and vibrate. Here is the truth table.

Silent mode: vibrate on - vibrate is the lowest setting. you can't go totally silent.

To go totally silent, you have to go to settings>sound>vibrate>always off (or off in silent mode).

If you choose always off, you can't have vibrate only. If you choose "always on" you can't have silent mode.

There's no way to go from vibrate to silent using the side control! WTF?

please help me find a solution. If i can revert back to the prior adroid, i will. Flash is not as valuable as this. Thanks,
rj

rj in LA

Reaction score
Try a vibrate app. I saw some 1 click widget apps for this that might work.

thanks for the tip. It cuts down my clicks from 4 to 2. Still, why change a good thing. It was great the way it was in 2.1. geesh.

Tesler32

Reaction score
You call all try "Setting Profiles" I use for meetings, office, home, sleeping, weekends, default, etc... Phone automatically switches everything around. Its probably one of the coolest things that I think the phone can do. I even have my wife setup with it.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Im so confused about the issues people complain about... Its disgusting.

You want your phone silent, put it on silent. If you want it to vibrate, put it on vibrate...

Why is everyone so complicated? Is this even worth posting about? What could you possibly need the phone to be silent and on vibrate or vice versa....

:icon_eek:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score

What's disgusting are people that flame other people just because they don't understand.

There is no need to flame just because some people may be more "complicated" than you. If you don't like reading about other peoples' complaints, don't read the thread. :icon_eek:

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

What's disgusting are people that flame other people just because they don't understand.

There is no need to flame just because some people may be more "complicated" than you. If you don't like reading about other peoples' complaints, don't read the thread. :icon_eek:

I dont mean to troll, I try to offer my assistance to anyone who needs it, but lately every thread is someone complaining about something that isn't an issue. Sorry if I was being a prick, Its frustrating sometimes.

FoFa

Reaction score
What was the name of that "Just read my mind and do it" app again :icon_eek:

phartwig

Reaction score
Try beautiful silent widgets. It will give you a silent and vibrate widget you can put on your home screen. Then one click and you have either.

And its free

pauliewalnuts

Reaction score
Beautiful silent widget doesnt work either. I just sets the vibrate settings back to how you would anticipate that the vibrate would work.

Still no vibrate for alerts for emails, txts, ect.