New Droid X User - Hanch

bhanchin

Reaction score
I found this site searching for a solution to a Facebook issue. My wife has a serious issue that started when Facebook, on her Samsung Fascinate, asked her to change her password. She was chatting with someone from Nigeria. Now her facebook apps has login issues on both her fascinate and her iPod touch. I think her data has been stolen after she tried entering her password. I guess the country of nigeria has control of the internet there and is now trying to ban Facebook. We can't fixed the login issue. Anyone know anything about this?

Jordan8

Reaction score
The facebook for android app will have you login, but never change your password that I'm aware of. Can she login on the computer, or is it getting a wrong pass error? If she can't, do a password recovery.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
B

bhanchin

Reaction score
She can login to Facebook on the PC and there are not connection problems on a PC using Facebook. I think her phone is messed up. She uninstalls, reboots, and reinstalls facebook for android...then logs in Facebook OK and then it will kick her out of Facebook after only 2 minutes. I think her phone has malware on it. Should I factory default her phone and reinstal apps (painful)?

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
ok im gonna say this...change every email every password from FB twitter etc. why? because all my stuff was hacked. if not have her remove FB entirely.
I've posted issues on the forum about things like this. as a suggestion again, delete change add new emails and passwords

Swype with an Aloha from Hawaii

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
I posted previous problems with this. it affected other emails that had no baring to FB but was hacked. yes it gave error msgs about username pswd etc but it got hacked.
IMO don't reinstalls it until she fully chgs everything in FB including secure login. didn't want to blame my phone (had it switched out) but until VZW was able to give me an explanation I swapped out the phone. anyway other issues came up. just be aware of apps that can pin point ur IP location with ur phone# . check ur phone settings.
it just be coincidence with my situation but I know I can't be the only one

She can login to Facebook on the PC and there are not connection problems on a PC using Facebook. I think her phone is messed up. She uninstalls, reboots, and reinstalls facebook for android...then logs in Facebook OK and then it will kick her out of Facebook after only 2 minutes. I think her phone has malware on it. Should I factory default her phone and reinstal apps (painful)?

Swype with an Aloha from Hawaii