New Droid X seriously overheating

Churros007

Reaction score
My new Droid X has been overheating recently, it gets so hot that I can feel it through my jean pockets. I'm not sure what's causing it, but should I replace this one?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Go to setting: applications: running services. Is there anything there that's running and really shouldn't be?
Sounds like a rouge app...install any right before this started?

Sent from somewhere...

OP
C

Churros007

Reaction score
Yeah quite a few actually. The only shaky application seems to be the Alchemy game... It wasn't until I installed it that the problems started occurring. Also, that free MP3 Ringtone Maker might be suspicious, but I've had that since I got the phone, which was around Christmas time, and nothing really seemed wrong. I checked my running applications and I didn't notice anything suspicious except FOTA and PicoTTS.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Take a look at your battery use. That should give you an indication of what's running and more then likely it's reducing the life of your battery.

But as far as it being warm like that, I wouldn't replace the phone. You'd be surprised at how hot these phones can get before the processor is damaged. I'm not saying don't do anything, just don't get too worried either.

turdbogls

Reaction score
Grab the system info widget from the market and see how hot it is getting....i get over 109 degrees on a daily basis....i wouldn't worry about it unless it is getting in the 120 range