1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New Droid X running all kinds of services...

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by csimo, Sep 24, 2010.

1. csimo

csimo New Member

I got my new Droid X (did have a Droid 1) and was surprised to see all the running services. I removed all the factory bloatware widgets from the home screens, but the services still run every time I boot the phone.

Skype, News and Weather, Social Media, ad a bunch of others are running and I use none of them. I would prefer them to not be running. My old Droid 1 had none of this garbage running.

Any idea (short of rooting) how I can get all these services to not start?

Thanks,
    -Joe
  2. wdprice3

wdprice3 New Member

well their presence isn't really hurting you. they're just chilling in the background waiting to be called upon... not using your memory/proc/battery. so I'm not sure why you think this is a problem.

if you want to get rid of them/prevent them from starting I suggest rooting your device and renaming the apks to bak. be careful with doing that; it may break some functionality. there is an entire thread dedicated to removing bloatware, which contains a list of apks that are believed to be safely renamed
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  3. Juicemane

Juicemane Bang Bang Theme Developer Premium Member

^ Only way to remove them is to root. Its fairly easy to debloat the phone once your rooted. I wouldnt worry to much about the services though, they use a very minimal amount of battery/resources if any.
Search tags for this page

android kpi logger service

how does kpi logger service work

kpi logger

kpi logger service

kpi logger service droid x
kpi logger service on a droid global

what is kpi logger service

what is kpi logger service android
what is kpi logger service on my droid x2