New DROID X OWNER: QUESTIONS

Montana Griz

Reaction score
My Droid X is supposed to arrive on WED 8/4...I'd like to start off the right way with re to battery charging...to get max battery usage etc., you know the cautions about inadvertenly "establishing a 'false memory etc".

1/ What procedure is recommended re the initial charge and then subsequent chargings?

2/Should the battery be allowed to run: (a) all the way down or (b) 75% down before rerecharged? or ??

3/ I've read several posts re 4 to 6 hours(or less) run time and then have to recharge.......How about plugging the Droid X into a charger (either in the house or the car) after an hour's use or so, and then continue on (leaving it on the charger) with what ever app you're using. (example; Say you're on a car trip and want the Navigation app running for several hours...any thing wrong with keeping it plugged into the charger??

4/ Obviously I'm a "Newbie", so I've got another question: While I'm running the Navigation App, can I make a call on the phone at the same time and/ or check the weather also??

Thanks for your help......... "the 'ole Geezer Newbie" who is very lacking in this "techy field".

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It can't hurt to follow instructions I once saw. Let it charge all the way up, run it all the way down until it dies, repeat. Some think this will let the battery be "set" and hold a longer charge. It definitely won't hurt.

You can make a call and browse the web, as long as you are using two different networks. One would be wifi and the other would be the cell tower network. The cell tower won't let you browse the web and talk at the same time. It's the cell network limitation, not the phone's.

I've been using turn by turn navigation or listening to music and had a call come in. No problem.

8/4 ....not long now!

OP
M

Montana Griz

Reaction score
It can't hurt to follow instructions I once saw. Let it charge all the way up, run it all the way down until it dies, repeat. Some think this will let the battery be "set" and hold a longer charge. It definitely won't hurt.

You can make a call and browse the web, as long as you are using two different networks. One would be wifi and the other would be the cell tower network. The cell tower won't let you browse the web and talk at the same time. It's the cell network limitation, not the phone's.

I've been using turn by turn navigation or listening to music and had a call come in. No problem.

8/4 ....not long now!

Thanks for the very helpful response. MT Griz

OP
M

Montana Griz

Reaction score
chris: say you're on a car trip and want the navigation app running for several hours...>>>any thing wrong with keeping it plugged into the charger??<<<or should you run it off it's own battery until it gets way down, and then put it on the charger?

it can't hurt to follow instructions i once saw. Let it charge all the way up, run it all the way down until it dies, repeat. Some think this will let the battery be "set" and hold a longer charge. It definitely won't hurt.............that's what i'll do when i get it.

you can make a call and browse the web, as long as you are using two different networks. One would be wifi and the other would be the cell tower network. The cell tower won't let you browse the web and talk at the same time. It's the cell network limitation, not the phone's. thanks for explaining this.

i've been using turn by turn navigation or listening to music and had a call come in. No problem. ......but, did you keep the phone plugged in all the time, or only plug it in after being on the navigation app for 5 or 6 hours.?

8/4 ....not long now!