New Droid X and LauncherPro Plus problem...

Foreverrr

Reaction score
I have a new droid x and i have used launher pro on my droid since i can remember, but what now seems to happen is when i set my default home run the stock home that runs on my stood x, it still acts like launcherpro plus is the default home. Can anybody help me with what's going on?

Much appreciated!

eliassami5

Reaction score
I dont have an X but i played with my cousins and i installed launcher pro and it wont ask me to pick between which home app i want to use. I tried going to the launcher pro app in settings and clearing its defaults but that didnt work either. I dunno what to say, you might find better help in the Droid X forums further down.

mcapozzi

Reaction score
Clear the defaults for Launcher Pro.

Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Select the application

Down towards the bottom there should be a button to clear the defaults. It will say something like "This application is a default application, to clear the default setting, push this button".

Then after doing that, hit the home button and you should be able to choose which application you want as your launcher.

-Mike

bamfsig45

Reaction score
With the DX and the way Moto has it coded, when you add launcher pro to your phone it becomes the default. No way to change it that we know of. You can get home switcher from the market to get to your default screen but it wont actually make it the default. The Home button will always take you back to Launcher Pro. the only fix is to uninstall. And this goes the same with any Home screen replacement you put on the X. You just cant set Home as default. Dont know why.

Brit

Reaction score
As bamfsig45 said you can download the Home Switcher but LauncherPro will still be your default. However I did notice that when you download Home Switcher and set the stock home as your default whenever you use the home button it will take you to your launcherpro home but if you hold it down and the "recent" menu pops up you can select the home icon and it will take you to your stock home.