New Droid X ad pokes fun at iPhone

rmcray08

Reaction score
Good response by Motorola. I wish Motorola would have some sort of contest where they invite Droid X owners send in their their videos of trying to death grip their X...I imagine the results could be pretty funny.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Good response by Motorola. I wish Motorola would have some sort of contest where they invite Droid X owners send in their their videos of trying to death grip their X...I imagine the results could be pretty funny.

Better yet, commission Mythbusters to test it! They could set up one of those PSI gauges to determine just how lethal a deathgrip is being applied.

m6droid

Reaction score
The 30 years statement is funny but it points out an interesting fact that's quite obvious to the non fanboys. Motorola has been making phones for over 30 years and are still very much in the upper echelon if not the top spot; Apple on the other hand entered the mobile market just over three years ago yet it has blown nearly everything else including many Motorola products out of the water.

Long story short is that it's always good sport to burn one's adversary when they are at a disadvantage to keep them on their toes but you must still keep in mind that they are your adversary because they are equally capable of victory.

I see what you're saying here, but I disagree to a point. Apple entered the music business with the iPod. All the did with the iPhone was allow it to make calls. It's essentially an iPod that can "call" (well.....sorta).

Motorola made phones first, entertainment second. Apple made entertainment first, "phone" second.

Rindaen

Reaction score
Now if Motorola would actually make some phones so people could have them in stock.

Apple isnt going anywhere, Im sure they have learned a very valuable lesson with the iPhone 4.

cypherx82

Reaction score
It's about time Moto responded.

I'm glad they didn't come down to Apple's level and directly call out the iPhone.

khelek

Reaction score
[Apple entered the music business with the iPod. All the did with the iPhone was allow it to make calls. It's essentially an iPod that can "call" (well.....sorta).

Motorola made phones first, entertainment second. Apple made entertainment first, "phone" second.

It's like I stated when Apple came out with the iPad -- they've become like Taco Bell. They occasionally come out with something "new", but when you look at it closely, it's just a shell, beef, beans and cheese in a different package.

solution

Reaction score
I love it when two competing companies sling mud at each other. And I like Motorola's approach by playfully zinging apple through their ads rather than what apple is doing by trying to "prove" certain issues with fake youtube videos. I'm looking forward to see what apple is going to counter with. Possibly a 20/20 report on how Motorola masked KGB sleeper agents as employees during the 80's? heh, totally kidding though.......

Please don't kill me government. :icon_eek:

tcayton49

Reaction score
Is this really necessary???

Yeah it is, and its hi-freakin-larious too dancedroid