New Droid wouldnt turn on.

tamara989

Reaction score
I just got a brand new droid last weekend. Today the battery died completely and i have had the phone charging for three hours now and it would not turn on at all. What should i do?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
On AC or USB?

USB will not charge a dead Droid.

Se7enLC

Reaction score
On AC or USB?

Yes and no.

I've seen the opposite be true, too. When the battery is completely dead and you plug it into AC, it will start to boot, but the battery will die before it gets all the way booted and is able to charge. It'll get stuck in a boot loop without being able to charge further.

In that case, you plug it into USB with it OFF (USB from a computer, not just from a power brick). The white light will come on but the droid won't boot up automatically. Just leave it sitting there for a few hours. It takes a long time to charge, but once it has enough it will boot up on its own

se1961

Reaction score
On AC or USB?

Yes and no.

I've seen the opposite be true, too. When the battery is completely dead and you plug it into AC, it will start to boot, but the battery will die before it gets all the way booted and is able to charge. It'll get stuck in a boot loop without being able to charge further.

In that case, you plug it into USB with it OFF (USB from a computer, not just from a power brick). The white light will come on but the droid won't boot up automatically. Just leave it sitting there for a few hours. It takes a long time to charge, but once it has enough it will boot up on its own
Hi-- I'm just curious-- where do you learn these basic facts about a Droid? I have only figured it out by painful trial and error, first thinking I had bricked by Droid by rooting it, then thinking I had a bad phone. If there isn't one, it would be terrific to have a sticky that lists all the most basic, quirky features of the phone. :)

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
On AC or USB?

Yes and no.

Hi-- I'm just curious-- where do you learn these basic facts about a Droid? I have only figured it out by painful trial and error, first thinking I had bricked by Droid by rooting it, then thinking I had a bad phone. If there isn't one, it would be terrific to have a sticky that lists all the most basic, quirky features of the phone. :)

Google and this forum that's it

se1961

Reaction score
Bummer. Easy to do for complex tasks like rooting, but hit or miss for simple problems like battery. :)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Yes and no.

Google and this forum that's it

And seeing the same posts, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over...

But it's what we are for...