New Droid Users - Questions

cdogg777

Reaction score
I know these are really easy questions. But I'm new to droids!

1) I've seen it come up before. "Recently downloaded/installed apps". No idea what I hit to get there.

2) In the market place for each app i had 3 tabs the middle tab was "Comments". I used task killer to kill market, or it was because i rebooted, either way now my app screen has no tabs. I can scroll down and look at "reviews". I liked the old way with the TABS at the top.

3) Things seem to be more slow and a bit more choppy since rebooting the phone. Any reason for this?

I'm sure I'll have more questions soon. =)

Last edited:
OP
C

cdogg777

Reaction score
Oh, let me also clarify. I have an HTC Thunderbolt.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. You've probably got install updates on for those apps.

2. Go to settings/applications/Manage applications/all applications/market. Clear Data and Cache. And Get rid of task killer, you don't need itl

3. Get rid of task killer, you don't need it.

OP
C

cdogg777

Reaction score
Why not task killer?
I cleared data for the market, and it stills looks different. It's almost like a different version of the market. Even the first page that comes up when you hit market looks different.

I downloaded an app, direct tv. It wasn't showing, so i killed market and rebooted my phone. Since then it has looked different. Pisses me off because my wife has a Droid Continuum, and her market looks like mine now and I thought "oh my market place looks a lot better than that". Now it's the same!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why not task killer?
I cleared data for the market, and it stills looks different. It's almost like a different version of the market. Even the first page that comes up when you hit market looks different.

I downloaded an app, direct tv. It wasn't showing, so i killed market and rebooted my phone. Since then it has looked different. Pisses me off because my wife has a Droid Continuum, and her market looks like mine now and I thought "oh my market place looks a lot better than that". Now it's the same!

Because Android phones don't need task killers.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/65483-task-killers-answer-google-developers.html

Read and learn..:)

OP
C

cdogg777

Reaction score
Ah, good read. Thanks. Though some of the guys I know, Droid X users etc...say if they don't use a task killer, their phone gets really slow...and some of the apps they check network constantly(IE: Facebook)...need to be killed.

Still would like to know what happened to my Marketplace! I almost think after I rebooted, it "updated", so now the view is different.

Last edited: