New droid user

Infeltrate

Reaction score
Hello, I'm caleb and i just got motorola droid on friday 3/28. So far I LOVE IT. but there's a few questions i need to ask

1. I'm having trouble with the sound settings. I want to have everything on vibrate. So i put the phone on silent with vibrate on. But sometimes i have to go back to the sound menu because the vibrate feature turned off somehow

2. What's the best app killer to use?

3. Is the 2.1 update already on my phone?

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
ok, first things first... friday 3/28? no, not possible, but hey i'll go with this.

1. I honestly dont know, as I have never turned my phone off silent.

2. don't need it, android does this by itself, task killers use memory, and slow the phone down.

3. no, it didn't come with 2.1, but if you feel so inclined, you can root, or hack your phone, and put it on there manually.

OP
I

Infeltrate

Reaction score
it's on silent but the vibrate mode is on.. but sometimes it turns off.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are several notifications that you are able to adjust. Since you want everything to vibrate you need to set each notification to vibrate.

Are you saying that you have already set each notification but the settings are changing?

Mike

OP
I

Infeltrate

Reaction score
well i coulden't figure out how to set each individual thing since the ringtone dosen't have a vibrate option. so i just hit the top option "silent mode" and then touch phone vibrate. but then like an hour later it stops vibrating so i go back to the sound screen and its unchecked

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
For your ringtone tap menu, tap settings, tap sound & display, click phone vibrate

Mike

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
It will if you set the ringtone to silent. Sorry I left that out

Mike

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
There are several notifications that you are able to adjust. Since you want everything to vibrate you need to set each notification to vibrate.

Are you saying that you have already set each notification but the settings are changing?

Mike

All you need to do is enable vibrate (might not HAVE TO).

Then, on the homescreen, use the volume key on the side. Press it to turn the volume down until you see the vibrate symbol and the phone vibrates.

With that done, your phone is on vibrate and won't ring. If you want to turn off vibrate as well, push down one more time on the volume to put the phone on silent.

Silent and vibrate are different. If you slide the lock screen bar from right to left, you're activating silent mode, not vibrate.

And welcome to the forum!