New droid user looking for knowledge!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
When you're ready to change your boot animation... I compiled a custom one for Sapphire... I call it BlueShatterSapphireGem...
Credits go to Cole for the Droid Shatter animation... Coolsaber for turning it blue... stetsonaw for the blue DroidX eye.... and cvpcs for his Sapphire Gem graphics...

Download using FileFactory Basic (free method)
BlueShatter_SapphireGem.zip - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

And then extract on your PC, then copy over the bootanimation.zip to your SDCard's root directory (meaning not in any folder)....

then either use Terminal Emulator and type in exactly as below...
su
cp sdcard/bootanimation.zip /data/local/bootanimation.zip
reboot
then reboot...

...or...
get RootExplorer and simply copy and paste the bootanimation.zip file from your SDCard to data/local on the Droid ...

EDIT: ...it's like this but with the Sapphire Gem at the end...
PreviewPartial

Last edited:

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
When you're ready to change your boot animation... I compiled a custom one for Sapphire... I call it BlueShatterSapphireGem...
Credits go to Cole for the Droid Shatter animation... Coolsaber for turning it blue... stetsonaw for the blue DroidX eye.... and cvpcs for his Sapphire Gem graphics...

BlueShatter_SapphireGem.zip - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

And then extract on your PC, then copy over the bootanimation.zip to your SDCard's root directory (meaning not in any folder)....

su
reboot
then reboot...

...or...
get RootExplorer and simply copy and paste the bootanimation.zip file from your SDCard to data/local on the Droid ...

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/6808/small.gif

You don't happen to have a preview do ya? I LOVE the Sapphire ROMs but must admit their boot animations are lacking in creativity :)

OP
Ryank10909

Ryank10909

Reaction score
i think i did, but its all there now, i think i just have to get a new wall paper, and old apps back...

Another question, after the initial install did you have to register your phone? Tap the green android guy and enter you gmail acct?
yea i had to import all contacts, but all are saved on my gmail account, so thats fine, and yea the lil green man was there and had to go thorough the setup again... but its up and instead of the eye... its a gem now.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

su
reboot
then reboot...

...or...

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/6808/small.gif

You don't happen to have a preview do ya? I LOVE the Sapphire ROMs but must admit their boot animations are lacking in creativity :)
Exactly like the partial preview I posted, but with the Sapphire Gem at the end...

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com

su
reboot
then reboot...

...or...

PreviewPartial

Hey, I've never attempted to change my boot animation, do I need to rename this bootanimation.zip?

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
OK - I tried this using TE. Renamed it bootanimation.zip and moved it to the root of my SD card. Used the command in your post and now I have NO bootanimation LOL
No biggie, I'll try again later, for now I have to boogie!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK - I tried this using TE. Renamed it bootanimation.zip and moved it to the root of my SD card. Used the command in your post and now I have NO bootanimation LOL
No biggie, I'll try again later, for now I have to boogie!

The zip file from file factory needs to be unzipped on your PC ...then you'll see the boootanimation zip in there...'that's' what you transfer over to your Droid.... not the zip file from FileFactory...

The zip file I uploaded to File Factory has the bootanimation.zip... and the desc.txt file... and the folders with the graphics showing what the animation is based on (so you can tinker yourself if you'd like)
that zip file isn't the bootanimation.zip

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Also... you can download the zip file from file factory onto your Droid... then 'extract' the bootanimation.zip file from that zip, and place that onto your SDCard's root...... then use Root Explorer or TE...

EDIT:... I should probably get in the habit of only posting the bootanimation.zip file... my bad, sorry

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Also... you can download the zip file from file factory onto your Droid... then 'extract' the bootanimation.zip file from that zip, and place that onto your SDCard's root...... then use Root Explorer or TE...

EDIT:... I should probably get in the habit of only posting the bootanimation.zip file... my bad, sorry

That made me laugh

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
LOL - actually I was able to extract the bootanimation.zip with astro. got the boot animation working - much better than the stock Sapphire ... thanks

OP
Ryank10909

Ryank10909

Reaction score
due to my ADHD i already switched to BB 0.4 i still dont understand fully the reason to put a custom ROM on the phone.. i mean i dont see a major difference in the functionallity of the phone, is there something im missing here??

OP
Ryank10909

Ryank10909

Reaction score
also i couldnt get the broad band update to install from the RM did i mess something up again?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
LOL - actually I was able to extract the bootanimation.zip with astro. got the boot animation working - much better than the stock Sapphire ... thanks
Glad you got it running... I also thought the original Sapphire bootanimation was too simple for my tastes as well...

due to my ADHD i already switched to BB 0.4 i still dont understand fully the reason to put a custom ROM on the phone.. i mean i dont see a major difference in the functionallity of the phone, is there something im missing here??
Some like custom ROMs for slightly more control, and the way certain functions react... I really like BB for it's stability under overclocking...
If you don't really care about a custom ROM, install this ...
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/66278-rom-ota-froyo-frg01b-rooted.html
also i couldnt get the broad band update to install from the RM did i mess something up again?
Just download from this thread and install from SDCard on Rom Manager.... or boot into recovery and select to install from SDCard and install that file... no need to wipe...
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/50198-baseband-c_01-43-01p-no-prerequisite-required.html