New Droid User, Display and Battery Usage

mpf189

Reaction score
I just got my Droid X, and I lowered my brightness down a lot and it shows my display is using 64% of battery usage. Is this a normal amount? If not, how can I reduce it?

want a droid

Reaction score
Display is the biggest battery hog on smart phones. If you're worried about conserving battery you can run your phone with the brightness on the lowest setting. Even then it will still be the biggest battery hog.

Right now my Display is at 53%.

CxUNG

Reaction score
Dont use live wallpapers they take up alot of battery as well. Gps should be turned off if your not using it. And if you have a wifi connection my suggestion is to use it. Much faster and doesnt drain as much battery than 3G.

Sent from DROiDx using DROiDforumsAPP

dtsig

Reaction score
I find no draw from gps unless i am running a routine that is using it. Virtually nothing normally. Brightness of the screen and phone calls are my biggest users

want a droid

Reaction score
Dtsig is right, you can leave gps enabled 24/7 and it will only draw battery if you're running an app that uses it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

t.crawford714

Reaction score
This is one of my "How-to's" :)

How to make your battery last longer

Go to Settings→Display→Brightness→Uncheck Automatic brightness and slide the little slider thingy-ma-jig all the way down (to the left)→Hit OK

Still under Display→Screen Timeout→Turn it down

Stay in Settings→Location & Security settings→Uncheck “Use wireless networks,” “Use GPS satellites,” “Enable assisted GPS.”

Again while in Settings→Wireless & networks→Uncheck “Wi-Fi” and “Bluetooth”

want a droid

Reaction score

Go to Settings→Display→Brightness→Uncheck Automatic brightness and slide the little slider thingy-ma-jig all the way down (to the left)→Hit OK

Stay in Settings→Location & Security settings→Uncheck “Use wireless networks,” “Use GPS satellites,” “Enable assisted GPS.”

Having the different GPS options enabled have no effect on your battery life unless you are running an app that uses the GPS. Most often, you'll want the GPS to be on when using an app that requires it. Therefore it is no harm and basically more helpful to always leave it enabled.

Also WiFi uses less power/battery than 3G service does.

Getsome122

Reaction score

Agree completely with screen settings but as for the gps and wifi and bluetooth you got that all wrong.

All of which is stated above by others but will repeat.

Wifi uses less power than 3g. Only reason to turn wifi off is when you won't be around a hotspot. But whenever you got a network available use it.

GPS uses nothing unless being used by an app at the time.

And bluetooth if I remember correctly doesn't use anything unless connected either. The phone doesn't constantly scan for bluetooth devices. Having it turned on just has the phone set to respond when it gets a signal from a paired device.

DX- rooted, strapped, deodexed,OC'd, and themed how I like it...