new droid turbo user! great phone. had some questions though.

lgbalfa

Reaction score
received the new droid turbo today and so far i like it. seems to be a nice upgrade from the droid maxx.

i had a few questions that i hope you can help me with.

1. what is the "command center"? do i need it or can i disable it.

2. when texting on this phone whenever i create a new text, it shows "people you recently contacted" i don't want to see this and the droid maxx did not have that either. how can i disable it so it does not appear? this really bothers me so hopefully there is a solution to remove it.

3. the camera is 21 megapixels. can you select how many megapixels you want it to be? i would prefer to take pics in 10-14 megapixels if possible.

4. in the droid maxx you had a "contacts" widget in which i was able to add my name / number / email address. this phone does not have that anymore as the "contacts" widget is removed for this new model. is there a place i can add my personal information?

thanks everyone for their assistance.

i did not realize "backup assistance" is not used anymore for the contacts but the "cloud" seems to work fine.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Command Center is the round Clock Widget on the home page. It displays weather, battery charge, clock, and if you tap on the weather at the top it takes you to a detailed weather report. If you tap on the charge indication at the bottom it takes you to the Battery Stats screen. It also opens "wings" on either side if you tap on the 3 dots on either left or right side. Then it shows a link to the calendar on the right and again a link to the detailed weather report on the left.
c67a0aa06532d2014a739c6c9bd74a3d.jpg

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
1. what is the "command center"? do i need it or can i disable it.

Already answered above...

2. when texting on this phone whenever i create a new text, it shows "people you recently contacted" i don't want to see this and the droid maxx did not have that either. how can i disable it so it does not appear? this really bothers me so hopefully there is a solution to remove it.

3. the camera is 21 megapixels. can you select how many megapixels you want it to be? i would prefer to take pics in 10-14 megapixels if possible.

If you swipe from the left in camera a widget dial opens for all the settings. Spin to the "L", and tap it. You'll see Wide Screen (15.5MP), and standard (21MP).

3fa96f9aa92efc5bda0e272f6fc7f954.jpg

4. in the droid maxx you had a "contacts" widget in which i was able to add my name / number / email address. this phone does not have that anymore as the "contacts" widget is removed for this new model. is there a place i can add my personal information?

In People, you have the option to add "Master" which will appear at the top of the contacts list. This is YOU, as in "ME", as it was called in earlier versions of Android.

f2d3ff9362bb370bef91e4cd8d272b26.jpg

OP
lgbalfa

lgbalfa

Reaction score
thank you very much for the answers to my questions.

i really appreciate it.

in regards to my question #2. i figured it out.

i was using the VZW "message +" app which i don't really like.

i was able to locate the standard "messaging app" which i prefer.

Soc_Phish

Reaction score
Hangouts is not a bad alternative to messaging. If you associate it with SMS and you can message everyone.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

kimball13A

Reaction score
Ok so two quick questions. 1. Why is the moto voice a BRITISH lady and 2.why do I keep seeing everything in euro spelling of certain words ( I.e. favourites) in certain system aspects of the phone (people app) even after I change it to English US ?

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Ok so two quick questions. 1. Why is the moto voice a BRITISH lady and 2.why do I keep seeing everything in euro spelling of certain words ( I.e. favourites) in certain system aspects of the phone (people app) even after I change it to English US ?
After changing to English U.S. did you turn off the phone, sometimes that makes the changes work.