New Droid Turbo Press Pic Leaked: 'These are the Droids you are looking for'

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
new-droid-turbo-press-image-leak-oct-20-2014.png

Even though Evan Blass (@evleaks) retired, it seems he can't help but continue to send us juicy leaks. Today's new morsel is a new press pic for the Motorola Droid Turbo. You can see the pic above in a screen-cap of his Tweet.

Of course, here at DroidForums, we can't help but love his awesome choice of words to go along with the pic, "These actually are the Droids you're looking for." Indeed Mr. Blass! And thank you for sharing the new image!

To see the enlarged full image, check out the thread below, and here's a link to our dedicated section on the Droid Turbo: Motorola Droid Turbo Android Forums at DroidForums.net

Source: @evleaks

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here is that full size Motorola Droid Turbo image:

Droid-turbo-evleaks-press-image.jpg

realged13

Reaction score
I am going to go with the black. I just like the look of it. I can't wait to get this phone.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The black is sleek, but I question what the "bezel" configuration on the back is, actually. Is it a plastic or Aluminum shell with the textured insert only in the back middle panel? This could make the phone perhaps prone to bumps and dings, as well as possibly being a bit more slippery and prone to being dropped.

Also, what exactly IS that insert material in the black version? Is it a different formation of Kevlar, or is it rubber, plastic, textured Aluminum??? I need more info.

On the contrary, the Kevlar cover wraps the entire back and sides and even the "chin" on the front, giving the phone a uniform feel, a nice slip-resistant texture, and also would be somewhat less prone to dings and scratches/scrapes. For example, my MAXX has NO evidence of ANY bumps, dings, scuffs or scratches on the entire rear, sides and front chin (in other words all surfaces covered in Kevlar - an obviously amazing material), however the Anodized Black Aluminum front shell (the edge of the bezel surrounding the glass), has evidence of scuffs, scratches and dings, including slight deformation due to being dropped even just a few inches from my hand on to the desk.

And for the record.................................RED!

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
The red one screams "don't you dare hide me inside of a case!" That color is nice.

jakenader123

Reaction score
I would have been really pissed off at google if the droid turbo wasn't coming out for Verizon. I think 6 inches is where people had enough of these massive screen sizes. I have a moto x 2013 and a nexus 7 2013 so im not used to big phones. the nexus 6 is a tablet phone. I'm gonna guess that the nexus 6 is already going to be a falure just because of its size.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I always wrap mine in an otterbox defender.. But I like the black better too..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid is a Verizon brand. It can't not come to Verizon.

Correct, in other words, by it's very nature as it is named Droid Turbo, it's already a Verizon phone. Had it been named Motorola Turbo, or another name not closely associated with Verizon, it could easily have been exclusive to another carrier or excluded from Verizon.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I always wrap mine in an otterbox defender.. But I like the black better too..

You know, I don't wrap mine in an Otterbox, or even any case at the moment. I would have a very hard time hiding that beautiful Red, and perhaps the only case I'd use is one that is clear to show off the beauty.

My current MAXX is black on black, so hiding it isn't a big deal however it would be a shame to hide the Red and unless it's significantly more costly that's the color I'm going with.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have to have mine in a good case.. Or I'd be destroying phones all the time.. Lol..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
That's the BIACS syndrome. You've had that for a long time! ;-)