New Droid Pro Owner

nbkan

Reaction score
Initial impressions ... I like the phone. I am transitioning from a launch day A855 that finally crapped out. My capacitive screen died and I was out of warranty, but I digress.

I have tried several times to add the Facebook app on the phone and I get an internal server error. I have googled a bunch of ways to see if I can figure out what is the cause. I added an app from the marketplace for FB but I do like having my contacts linked with the pics from FB. It's not really that big of an issue,but I was hoping to find anyone who can steer me in the proper direction of a fix.

On a side note I did root and unroot the phone using Z4root, very easily I might add. Right now though I am going to run stock until some roms start coming. Battery power is fine for me. And I have a second battery I salvaged from the old droid as well as the old droid's sdcard.

I am looking forward to big things down the road.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Initial impressions ... I like the phone. I am transitioning from a launch day A855 that finally crapped out. My capacitive screen died and I was out of warranty, but I digress.

I have tried several times to add the Facebook app on the phone and I get an internal server error. I have googled a bunch of ways to see if I can figure out what is the cause. I added an app from the marketplace for FB but I do like having my contacts linked with the pics from FB. It's not really that big of an issue,but I was hoping to find anyone who can steer me in the proper direction of a fix.

On a side note I did root and unroot the phone using Z4root, very easily I might add. Right now though I am going to run stock until some roms start coming. Battery power is fine for me. And I have a second battery I salvaged from the old droid as well as the old droid's sdcard.

Hey I don't do facebook so I can't help you with that but I do have a question about the battery you salvaged. Was that from your D1? I see people complaining about battery life and just for my own knowledge I'd like to know if it uses the same battery.

OP
N

nbkan

Reaction score
It appears to be. The battery on the D1 is a BP6X same battery that is inside the Pro. 3.7v Lithium Ion Polymer Battery 1390/1420 mAh (min/typ) 5.1/5.3 Wh (min/typ) Model: MOTBAT - 9 L-L-L DC100320

And the stats on the pro are the same: 1390/1420 mAh (min/typ) Model: MOTBAT - 9 L-L-L DC101021

OP
N

nbkan

Reaction score

Hey I don't do facebook so I can't help you with that but I do have a question about the battery you salvaged. Was that from your D1? I see people complaining about battery life and just for my own knowledge I'd like to know if it uses the same battery.

Finally figured out my issue with Facebook having internal server error. I did a hard reset several times to no avail. I finally decided to take the 16gb sdcard out and replace it with the stock 2gb sdcard and then try the FB widget and everything worked as intended. I then replaced the 16gb sdcard and things are still working as intended.

Prior to doing all of the aforementioned I did try reseating the sdcard and I would still get the internal server error. I am not sure why things worked but I am happy to have my FB contacts syncing as they should.