New Droid Owner

mardigan

Reaction score
I tried to connect my MOTA855 to my PC ( windows 7 64 bit)
and it told me it needed drivers. So I did a search thru windows
it couldn't find anything. I contact Motorola thru chat and
was told by a tech, that they don't come with drivers you have to buy them!!
I then asked where on their website can I buy them and was told it's not available thru online purchase you have to buy the disk!!!

My question is, is this true, and is there a place to get them or buy them and is it worth buying?

I had a Black Berry it came with everything!

Thanks
Mardigan

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mardigan,

Do a search on this site for "Windows7." I run the 32 bit version and have no problem, but I recall that others have resolved problems with the 64 bit drivers. And no, I don't recall anyone having to "buy" drivers.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I tried to connect my MOTA855 to my PC ( windows 7 64 bit)
and it told me it needed drivers. So I did a search thru windows
it couldn't find anything. I contact Motorola thru chat and
was told by a tech, that they don't come with drivers you have to buy them!!
I then asked where on their website can I buy them and was told it's not available thru online purchase you have to buy the disk!!!

My question is, is this true, and is there a place to get them or buy them and is it worth buying?

I had a Black Berry it came with everything!

Thanks
Mardigan

Welcome to the Forum.:) I don't have a PC so I'm not sure I'm going to be much help but lets review a few things. When you tried to mount your Droid to the PC did you go to the pull down window and tell it to mount on your Droid? If not try that and see if that works for you.

OP
M

mardigan

Reaction score
Is there a driver section on the site?

Thanks everyone
Mardigan

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, we do not have a driver section. I've seen other people talk about drivers but I have no idea what they do about it. What are you running?

OP
M

mardigan

Reaction score
I will give that a try.

What is there for options/apps when connecting to a PC - Meaning
the black berry would sync contacts etc...is the droid more of a mass storage device or does it do the same?

Thanks
Mardigan

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I will give that a try.

What is there for options/apps when connecting to a PC - Meaning
the black berry would sync contacts etc...is the droid more of a mass storage device or does it do the same?

Thanks
Mardigan

more of mass storage... however there are some syncing tools ( that i do not use)... do a forum search for doubletwist...

also remember, google backs up all your market downloaded apps and contacts... you can use Titanium Backup to backup all your apps (market + non-market), as well as it can save your emails and texts, i think.