1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New droid owner with questions

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by yamasxv, Jan 3, 2010.

1. yamasxv

yamasxv New Member

Hi,
    Im Jon from Maine, USA. I got my droid about 2 months ago and I absolutely love it, with the exception of a couple things. Mabye im just missing something, which I know is very possible with an amazing phone like the droid. Hopefully someone can help me?

My issues:
    -Messaging- When I go to compose a new message and I start to type in a name...it does not show that persons number or any option to get their number from my contacts just the numbers that correspond to the letters. I took my phone to verizon and noone there could figure it out either. The only way I can figure out how to do it is by going into my contacts and starting a text from there which works, but is a little bit of a pain.

I am also searching for a calender alert like the old style nokias. I have had many nokias and i used that calender for all of my reminders. It is such a simple setup, but was so useful to me on a daily basis. I need something like an alarm for reminders, but dont want to have to set my alarm clock for every single thing I need to do. I could care less about syncing to my gmail calender, and have tried a few different calender apps with no luck.

Thanks for any help
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator Theme Developer

I'm sorry I've never heard of a nokia droid

welcome to the forum! I'm in Maine too
  3. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Never heard of a nokia droid either...
  4. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

Messaging- ensure your contact you are trying to message has a phone number in their contact properties for cell phone.
  5. yamasxv

yamasxv New Member

Sorry I was thinking about the nokia calender and said nokia droid...its def not a nokia phone haha mines a MOTOROLA droid
  6. 007jack

007jack New Member

007jack

how can i tell that i rooted my phone