New droid owner with questions

yamasxv

Reaction score
Hi,
Im Jon from Maine, USA. I got my droid about 2 months ago and I absolutely love it, with the exception of a couple things. Mabye im just missing something, which I know is very possible with an amazing phone like the droid. Hopefully someone can help me?

My issues:
-Messaging- When I go to compose a new message and I start to type in a name...it does not show that persons number or any option to get their number from my contacts just the numbers that correspond to the letters. I took my phone to verizon and noone there could figure it out either. The only way I can figure out how to do it is by going into my contacts and starting a text from there which works, but is a little bit of a pain.

I am also searching for a calender alert like the old style nokias. I have had many nokias and i used that calender for all of my reminders. It is such a simple setup, but was so useful to me on a daily basis. I need something like an alarm for reminders, but dont want to have to set my alarm clock for every single thing I need to do. I could care less about syncing to my gmail calender, and have tried a few different calender apps with no luck.

Thanks for any help

Last edited:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm sorry I've never heard of a nokia droid

welcome to the forum! I'm in Maine too

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Never heard of a nokia droid either...

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Messaging- ensure your contact you are trying to message has a phone number in their contact properties for cell phone.

OP
Y

yamasxv

Reaction score
Sorry I was thinking about the nokia calender and said nokia droid...its def not a nokia phone haha mines a MOTOROLA droid