New Droid owner!! Have a question and need your help...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ParalyzingKings, Jun 27, 2010.

1. ParalyzingKings

ParalyzingKings New Member

First I want to say thank you to everyone that posts here!

I have lurked here for some time while deciding on a new phone, and finally pulled the trigger on a new Moto Droid about 2 weeks ago.

I am in awe at all the knowledge there is to learn here, and have been non stop messing with my phone with all the help I've found here.

Now I know this question has probably been asked before as I've seen threads on it, but none really completely answered my question.

I want animated weather on my home screen like there is on the htc hd2. All the threads that I have read have talked about beautiful widgets which I have purchased from the market and love. But when people say it has weather animations, it does, but not in the same way. When you click on the weather under the clock it brings up another window with the animated weather.

What I want is on my home screen to have animated weather like this..

Please tell me someone has found a way to do this...!!.??

If it makes a difference I'm running Jrummys Froyo Kangerade (which is beast!)

Thank you much for your time.
  2. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

Since you have Beautiful Widgets, you can download their weather live wallpaper. Go into the Configure menu of BW, scroll all the way to the bottom and hit the "Download from market" button for "Weather Live Wallpaper", then make it your wallpaper. (Tip: I disabled the grass in the settings, it saves the CPU a bit)

This shows day/night/sun/moon/clouds based on your actual weather and time of day! You should like it...

After that, I recommend changing the Weather Icon Pack (also in Configure, just above the button to get the Live Wallpaper). It's kind of redundant to have a sun/cloud/moon on the widget when your live wallpaper has it in the background already, so I installed the one called "Letters" which shows "PCL" instead of a partly cloudy graphic, and so on.
  3. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

The developer has been aksed many times to animate the widget and has stated that it is not possible. I guess that is why the LW was created. Love it and haven't noticed any lag even with stock 2.1. There is no longer a need to change the Weather Icon Pack to stop the duplicate suns. There is now a Hide Weather Icon option you can use.
Search tags for this page

htc hd2