New Droid owner and not fond of ringtones...help

carriemn

Reaction score
I had the LG Env Touch and want those basic ringtones on my Droid. Anyway to pull them over? I have spent an hour search the net and can not find them to download to my phone...Any help would be appreciated :)

mjs31

Reaction score
I had the LG Env Touch and want those basic ringtones on my Droid. Anyway to pull them over? I have spent an hour search the net and can not find them to download to my phone...Any help would be appreciated :)

Never owned the Lv phone, but do realize that any music or ringtone you have can be pretty much made into a ringtone on the Droid. I would really use google a little more to find the ringtones you are looking for. Some will be able to help you with actual ringtone type music extensions, but if you find regular versions of the ringtones (i.e. mp3 etc) I recommend downloading tone picker from the market. It will let you choose any type of tones (music, tones etc) you have on your sd card and use it as a ringtone, notification, alarm etc..

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use ringtones made with my MP3 files using ringroid. A very simple app for making ringtones. I don't think unfortunately you will be able to pull your ring tones from another phone over.

mattygabe

Reaction score
You most likely will not be able to "pull those over" from your other phone by somehow connecting them via cables or downloading something to a disk. The ringtones that are installed in phones by default are in the phone's ROM most of the time, which is Read-Only-Memory, and exist regardless of what you do.

If the ringtones you speak of are just from songs, there are free apps available on the Marketplace for you to download that take an entire MP3 song that you have on the Droid (slap it on your MicroSD card), and then allow you to splice it to a ringtone-sized clip to create custom ringtones. In this case, if your ringtones from your LG are songs, find those MP3s that you own and rip them.

If you bought the ringtones, once again you may have trouble bringing them with you. A lot of people get tripped up on this - they spend a bunch of money on legit ringtones, but then come to find out that you can't take them with you to a new phone. Usually when you buy that ringtone, its for that phone specifically.

CatsTide

Reaction score
i have the blackberry ringtones if anyone is interested...just pm me

Bigocciput

Reaction score
A program called bitpim will allow you to manage and retrieve all the information off the LG phone. It is free and available by doing a google search. I have been using it for my last three enV phones and it is wonderful. Since I got my Droid yesterday I will be leaving it behind.

Rollingbones

Reaction score
I just used Windows Explorer to copy the ringtones I had on my Blackberry curve 8330 over to my Droid I just created a subdirectory called ringtones (catchy...eh) and put in the same directory area that the music subdirectory was located at and everything worked fine.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You might also want to Google around to see if someone has already extracted the ringtone you're looking for if you don't want to reinvent the wheel.