New DROID - Many Questions

Benfield

Reaction score
So I just got my Droid 2 weeks ago and so far not that impressed.

My battery life sucks even with the task killer.

Can I have a signature in my text messages.

It acts as if it doesn't have enough signal to get me my emails, FB and text messages but show great stregnth even shows wifi perfect.

Can anyone relate or help???

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forums. I don't know what your previous experience with Smart Phones are but battery life on the ones I have has always sucked.

Task Killer will not, repeat will not save your battery. It probably will cause you more problems then be helpful. I'd get rid of task killer.

Download Handcent from the Market instead of the regular messenger for signature with your text.

I suspect your email may not be set up properly. Review the link below for mail set up

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...66-droid-hints-pop3-gmail-forwarding-you.html

OP
B

Benfield

Reaction score
have you updated to 2.1?
it has big battery fixes so it lasts longer

I was wondering about that? But considering I just got it 2 weeks ago shouldn't it have already been done? Is there somewhere I can check to see what I am running?

OP
B

Benfield

Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forums. I don't know what your previous experience with Smart Phones are but battery life on the ones I have has always sucked.

Task Killer will not, repeat will not save your battery. It probably will cause you more problems then be helpful. I'd get rid of task killer.

Download Handcent from the Market instead of the regular messenger for signature with your text.

I suspect your email may not be set up properly. Review the link below for mail set up

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...66-droid-hints-pop3-gmail-forwarding-you.html

Thank you checking everything out now..

akstyle450

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Current Phone Model
pixel xl
go to the settings app then scroll down to "About" and scroll down and it should tell you your firmware version, etc
also check the system updates section in thats too and see if it lets you update

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To check your Firmware Version go to Menu > Settings > About phone. If you're on 2.1, it will say 2.1-update1 for the Firmware version. In that same screen touch System updates to see if your update is available yet if you're still on 2.01. Welcome to the forums, Benfield!

:welcome: