New Droid lineup (sort of) announced

Beka27

Reaction score
Interesting. Maybe this will calm some of the panicky threads about whether or not the current crew are the last of the 3Gs...

(No... probably not. Lol)

OP
brewcrewwheels
Reaction score
according to unrevoked's twitter, the bootloaders on motorola's new phones will be "heavily locked down". not sure of their sources, but if true, this will most certainly be my last motorola phone.

MrKleen

Reaction score
according to unrevoked's twitter, the bootloaders on motorola's new phones will be "heavily locked down". not sure of their sources, but if true, this will most certainly be my last motorola phone.

Well, I rode my happiness with my D1 into my present X. I enjoyed the freedom my D1 gave me and loved flashing custom roms. While we do get to have a little fun with these new phones it's not the same as if the bootloader were open.

So I agree that this may be my last Motorola phone. I purchased my X at Costco not long before Christmas and they give you 90 days to return it. I may just take them up on that and move into an HTC Thunderbolt.

Motorola has made it very clear that they no longer are interested in the business from those that want to flash roms. That is up to them and I am happy to go elsewhere.

While the modding community by percentage may not be that large, the amount of phones we sold to our friends and family by recommendation certainly IS.