New Droid Keyboard?

mac5217

Reaction score
I just had my Droid replaced for the FIFTH time! This was because the camera would not auto focus. I know there will be some Nay-sayers claiming that its not the phone...its me. I can assure you IT IS NOT ME! Each time I would not only call VZW Tech support, but aslso brought into my local VZW store, and after going through all the procedures(Soft resets, battery pulls, deleting apps, Factory resets, etc) to fix each problem...THEY made the determination to replace it.
I still love this phone and not here to rant(maybe alittle), but just posting to inquire if VZW has started putting New phyical keyboards in the Droid? I received a Certified Replacement and unlike my previous Droid. The buttons on the Keyboard on this phone are curved upward, not flat! Its feels alot better typing on it. Has anyone else received a Droid with a Keyboard like this?

Reaction score
ikno exactly what your saying about the keyboard. it isnt exactly how it was when u first got it all nice and flat right? now its like its ditatched from the inside and pops up a little.

OP
M

mac5217

Reaction score
LOL...forgot about that one. But even so, It was A MINOR drop... maybe 3-4 feet at most. No Physical damage at all, on grass! That shouldn't cause it not to boot.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
That is NOT a new keyboard. This has been discussed before. The more you use the keyboard, the more "bubbly" the keys get. The previous owner of your "new" phone obviously used the physical keyboard regularly.

Me and my friend bought our phones right around the same time. He never uses his physical keyboard, I do ALL the time. Mine are bubbly, his aren't. I also looked at his and can distinctly remember mine being THAT flat, but I look at my phone now and they aren't flat.

So yeah, its the same ol' keyboard, it has just been used a lot...

butch350

Reaction score
I just had my Droid replaced for the FIFTH time! This was because the camera would not auto focus. I know there will be some Nay-sayers claiming that its not the phone...its me. I can assure you IT IS NOT ME! Each time I would not only call VZW Tech support, but aslso brought into my local VZW store, and after going through all the procedures(Soft resets, battery pulls, deleting apps, Factory resets, etc) to fix each problem...THEY made the determination to replace it.
I still love this phone and not here to rant(maybe alittle), but just posting to inquire if VZW has started putting New phyical keyboards in the Droid? I received a Certified Replacement and unlike my previous Droid. The buttons on the Keyboard on this phone are curved upward, not flat! Its feels alot better typing on it. Has anyone else received a Droid with a Keyboard like this?

How many phones?, 5, (5), Five, fünf, cinco!?

Come on MAN.

M1dnite

Reaction score
That is NOT a new keyboard. This has been discussed before. The more you use the keyboard, the more "bubbly" the keys get. The previous owner of your "new" phone obviously used the physical keyboard regularly.

Me and my friend bought our phones right around the same time. He never uses his physical keyboard, I do ALL the time. Mine are bubbly, his aren't. I also looked at his and can distinctly remember mine being THAT flat, but I look at my phone now and they aren't flat.

Really? :icon_eek:

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score

Really? :icon_eek:

Yes sir, others have said the same thing. And comparing me and my friends phone proves it as far as I'm concerned.

Laramie

Reaction score
My original Droid from 1/15/10 shipped via telesales had the raised keyboard. It was great.

Replaced due to a slide that would open up under even the slightest weight or pressure. "NEW" out of box Droid had a flat keyboad. The keys themselves felt like they were glued on by a 5 year old. They were crooked and the corners were peeling up and would scratched your fingers.

Certified Like New in the mail now, I really hope I get the older style keyboard.

Reaction score
hmm idk i think im just going to replace my droid. for a new one i got insurance nd stuff. i got my phone when it first came out to.

butch350

Reaction score

What's the problem with the camera - you started talking about the
keyboard but nothing about the camera?