New droid in hand - best way to enter contacts?

greg24fan

Reaction score
I did a couple of searches but I'm not coming up with the answers I'm looking for. Got my new droid and it's activated and have set it up for my google account, personal email account, and have downloaded a few apps and navigated around the settings and am getting a feel for the phone. So far, I freakin love this phone!

What's the best way to load my contacts for phone numbers and email addresses for calling and texting or emailing people? Should I enter them directly into the phone or is there a PC application I could enter them into and sync them to the phone or do I do that through my google account or what?

Silver Member
Reaction score
do you have contacts stored anywhere else? if you didn't export them from a device, my preferred methods of editing and storing contacts are:

1. outlook, then export, then import to gmail.
2. straight gmail entry.
3. direct in phone.

if you have access to outlook, contact entry will be a little more straight forward and will give you a few more options that you can't do online. but if you don't, using gmail is the best solution.

when you have new phone numbers call your phone, it's easiest to add them through the call log, on the phone.

OP
G

greg24fan

Reaction score
I didn't use Verizon for my contacts because I wanted my home email contacts too. I entered everything in my google contacts and they automatically sync'd to my phone. COOL!!! Thanks