New Droid died 02-23-10 (from new forum member)

auntdebbie224

Reaction score
Hi Forum members. I am a new forum member, new Droid owner, and technically illiterate. Thanks for looking at my post and responding.
  • Christmas present - Droid. On 02-23-10 my Droid died. Either the phone caused the battery to fritz or vica versa. They were both fried. Verizon said this is not an isolated incident with the phone. New/rebuilt Droid arrived 2-25. Question: the blinking blue light that was on my first phone, at the on/off button, is not on my replacement phone. Do I have to do something to turn it on?
  • We are returning the dead phone and my husband said that all of my contacts are still stored on/in the phone. Is this true and how can I remove them, before we return it?
  • Yahoo shortcut/icon - I needed to manually put my Yahoo shortcut/icon back on the desktop. I've done this but not sure if I've done it correctly. I logged into my Yahoo account and then selected add shortcut (or bookmark) to desktop. I then pulled the bookmark to the desktop. It's there. It works. Is this how to do it? The first phone - the Verizon associate did this for me and when I opened that Yahoo link, I was at a different place in Yahoo. I use it primarily to access my emails and calendar.
  • One last thing... there is SOOO much this phone can do that I will never be able to 'learn' and utilize all of its capabilities. I've printed out the manual from the Verizon/Droid site. Is there any other way to understand the phone's capabilities or is it more or less an aptitude thing. You either have it or you don't!

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
Hi Forum members. I am a new forum member, new Droid owner, and technically illiterate. Thanks for looking at my post and responding.
  • Christmas present - Droid. On 02-23-10 my Droid died. Either the phone caused the battery to fritz or vica versa. They were both fried. Verizon said this is not an isolated incident with the phone. New/rebuilt Droid arrived 2-25. Question: the blinking blue light that was on my first phone, at the on/off button, is not on my replacement phone. Do I have to do something to turn it on?
  • We are returning the dead phone and my husband said that all of my contacts are still stored on/in the phone. Is this true and how can I remove them, before we return it?
  • Yahoo shortcut/icon - I needed to manually put my Yahoo shortcut/icon back on the desktop. I've done this but not sure if I've done it correctly. I logged into my Yahoo account and then selected add shortcut (or bookmark) to desktop. I then pulled the bookmark to the desktop. It's there. It works. Is this how to do it? The first phone - the Verizon associate did this for me and when I opened that Yahoo link, I was at a different place in Yahoo. I use it primarily to access my emails and calendar.
  • One last thing... there is SOOO much this phone can do that I will never be able to 'learn' and utilize all of its capabilities. I've printed out the manual from the Verizon/Droid site. Is there any other way to understand the phone's capabilities or is it more or less an aptitude thing. You either have it or you don't!

-I'm not sure about the blue light that you're talking about
-You can do a factory reset by touching the menu button>settings>privacy>factory data reset
-Not sure about your yahoo shortcut
-You can learn a lot by reading these forums. Otherwise you can just use it and learn as you go.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

The blue blinking light is a notification for something. I have mine set yo my text msgs so idk what the default is. Download missed call and you can change these

Yes they and if you didnt back them up first theres really no hope getting them back unless theyre snyced with gmail like I have mine. Do this this time in case anythinng else happens to it.

Thats all you really need for yahoo if im understanding the question. just a desktop shortcut to the website? yahoo mail is different...

For this, just read the manual, but also spend time here on the forum to get better acquainted with your droid

And welcome to the forum!!!!

crspang

Reaction score

Not sure about the blinking blue light, but hopefully you had your old droid set up to sync with your gmail account. Try logging in to gmail from your home pc and see if your contacts are there. If they are then its just a matter of setting up that gmail account on your droid and your contacts will be synced.

Looks you did what you needed to for the yahoo link.

Dedicating a few hours to peruse this forum would be very beneficial to you too, you'll find a lot of helpful people here.

OP
A

auntdebbie224

Reaction score
Question clarification: Contacts were backed up with my google mail account

I had my contacts on my google mail account and they did transfer over to the new/rebuilt phone. My concern is a security issue - that the old phone still has this data and when I return it, if they rebuild it, will this data be accessible to others.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
My concern is a security issue - that the old phone still has this data and when I return it, if they rebuild it, will this data be accessible to others.

Factory reset...see my original post. It clears all personal info. Remove your SD card before you send it back too, as a factory reset does not do anything to the SD card, so you may still have personal info on it.

gentlefury

Reaction score
actually the first thing they will do is a factory reset. They wont even turn it on. It will be plugged into a computer and wiped.