New DROID Bionic Pics Surface, Full Look at that Sexy New Back

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I'd put money down that says the Targa was origionally slated to be the Droid X3 but they hurried it up as the replacement for the origional Bionic when they started having problems with it.

Haha that's what I was thinking.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I like to complain about that stupid keyboard looking lip at the bottom. Why is it there??! The thing does look pretty meh overall.

i can read

Reaction score

Up until today, we had only seen a render of the backside of the DROID Bionic, after Amazon posted up a whole batch of accessories for it.

Thanks to one of our fantastic readers though, we now have real pictures of what you can expect come early September when this device makes its way into Verizon stores.

From these pics, we aren’t finding out a whole bunch of new stuff other than the look. It appears to be similar soft-coated material to that used on the DROID3, which we are definitely fans of. We’re also getting a really good look at that hump that has for the most part avoided us. It appears to start much more in the middle of the device than say the DROIDX or X2, but that’s likely for it to house that 4G LTE chip.

This also gives us a pretty good size comparison of it to the DROID Charge. At first glance our jaws dropped because it looked like it was substantially bigger than Samsung’s LTE device, but then realized it was just the angle of the photo. Pretty sure it’ll be 4.3″, my friends.
I know that many of you are fed up with having to wait so long for it to arrive and after seeing specs, but I’m really diggin’ this new look. Your thoughts?

Source: New DROID Bionic Pics Surface, Full Look at that Sexy New Back - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Great Catch!!!! And on The Unit it say's XT875. That goes with what I was told by my contact to don't believe the leak stats from the other Day. He said it was not the full stats.

So did your contact say 4.5 in screen?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
This phone could have such a smaller footprint if they removed some of the bezel and other excess material for the chin.

Oxymoron

Reaction score
I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to request a prescription for zoloft or something.... and the root cause for the need of this would be the emotional roller coaster known as the Motorola Bionic.

Da** this phone! Stop jerking my emotions around!

I really need to hold ALL of these upcoming devices in my hand before making my upgrade decision. But..... dang, let's face it, the Bionic is kinda hot. All mysterious and sexy, I should let her move back in..... or at least spend the night.

*customized tapatalk signature*

Mamba94

Reaction score
Man I am really not liking the way the front of this phone looks (the back looks nice)! Hopefully it looks better in person.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm over it. After my 4 different Moto Droid run, I'm turned onto HTC now.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have to agree, it just doesn't look nice. Maybe the pictures don't do it justice.

After seeing the GSII, I want a thin simple/sleek looking phone, not a bulky beast that won't fit in my pocket.

sk102704

Reaction score

I have a question what is that on the side of the phone between the 4G and Verizon symbols? Did they add a Camera shutter button like what was on the original DX?

I was thinking that too but if it was, it be upside down. Unless they made it so the camera would be on the bottom or its meant to be used by your thumb. Which could work I guess.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
Man I am really not liking the way the front of this phone looks (the back looks nice)! Hopefully it looks better in person.

I agree, I'm not a fan of the front either with that lip, but this is also a test unit, i hope the finished product will look more like the amazon leaked picture with the chrome/brushed aluminum bezel, I'm sure the lip was necessary to fit all the goodies.

OriginalDroid

Reaction score

I have a question what is that on the side of the phone between the 4G and Verizon symbols? Did they add a Camera shutter button like what was on the original DX?

I was thinking that too but if it was, it be upside down. Unless they made it so the camera would be on the bottom or its meant to be used by your thumb. Which could work I guess.

I don't see a volume rocker on the top, so that is my guess, volume rocker.

Odd spot for one I think, but my pinkie could manage.

sk102704

Reaction score

I was thinking a volume rocker as a possibility as well.

bigdad63

Reaction score

I was thinking a volume rocker as a possibility as well.

I think the hump might be on the bottom and therefore the rocker is still on the top. Look at the front view and you can see the rocker sticking out a little on the side.