New Droid Bionic Photos Via Amazon

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I see. Well I have read enough. I will just wait to see owners reviews. Seems everyone is waiting for a phone that we actually don't know anything about now. Could just be an X2 in another case with LTE and FFC. Not that, that would be bad....I'm just saying.

anuraj1

Reaction score
I see. Well I have read enough. I will just wait to see owners reviews. Seems everyone is waiting for a phone that we actually don't know anything about now. Could just be an X2 in another case with LTE and FFC. Not that, that would be bad....I'm just saying.

I think the problem is actually that you haven't read enough... there is a whole saga about this phone, and the released version should be the most powerful Android phone in the American market. If it ships with the OMAP 4460 processor, it will be the most powerful phone in all markets.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
If it ships with the OMAP 4460 processor, it will be the most powerful phone in all markets.

It will be much better off for sure. I have been quite impressed with the difference between the OMAP and the Tegra. The Tegra simply didn't compete.

the released version should be the most powerful Android phone in the American market.

At least until the next Nexus is dropped. I think any phone that is not a Nexus to be able to compete with a Nexus says volumes about the device.

Especially considering that they next Nexus could be right here.....

Rumor: Google’s New Nexus Phone Includes Button-Free Screen, Faster Chip | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

Oxymoron

Reaction score

I think the problem is actually that you haven't read enough... there is a whole saga about this phone, and the released version should be the most powerful Android phone in the American market. If it ships with the OMAP 4460 processor, it will be the most powerful phone in all markets.

^this

For those of us that have followed it closely, it's common knowledge that the most accurate, up to date info is not found via google search... but by constantly trolling forums.

Saga is definitely the right choice of word to describe what has transpired regarding information about this phone.

*customized tapatalk signature*

sk102704

Reaction score
ugh....it has the Targa....that alone is a pass for me after experiencing the X2. I have a feeling there are going to be some VERY disappointed people on there soon. Plus it only comes with 2.2.2....lol....is that a joke? The D3 shipped with 2.3.4....what's the deal with that. Am I reading right? It isn't a global phone either?

You are partially right. Those specs aren't very impressive which is why they went back to the drawing board and beefed it up. Like someone else said, skip Google and look at forums like this, we'll get you up to speed.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I truly hope to be proven wrong.

Let me clarify my position here. I am not attacking anybody or any potential owners. I tend to try and stay up on new devices and have been Google'ing this particular phone for half an hour now and am finding the same spec's over and over.

BUT...if the Bionic ships with unlocked bootloader...that would be huge plus
If it comes with 2.3.4 that is good too....but you wont have root for a while.

The reason I am skeptical is due to the X2. Nothing shows the short comings of the X2 like the D3. It seems like Moto sat back and said "hmm....we are having a lot of complaints about this thing being slow...dang Tegra....let's put the OMAP in the D3 and put a newer OS" I guess what I am saying is this. The D3 IS a great successor to the D1 and D2. The X2 is not a good successor to the X. Yes it is faster and a bit better...but just not that much different from the X.

I just keep seeing all this hype over the Bionic and am having a tough time justifying it.

Would I like to be proven wrong.... that would be a definitive yes.

sk102704

Reaction score
I truly hope to be proven wrong.

Let me clarify my position here. I am not attacking anybody or any potential owners. I tend to try and stay up on new devices and have been Google'ing this particular phone for half an hour now and am finding the same spec's over and over.

BUT...if the Bionic ships with unlocked bootloader...that would be huge plus
If it comes with 2.3.4 that is good too....but you wont have root for a while.

The reason I am skeptical is due to the X2. Nothing shows the short comings of the X2 like the D3. It seems like Moto sat back and said "hmm....we are having a lot of complaints about this thing being slow...dang Tegra....let's put the OMAP in the D3 and put a newer OS" I guess what I am saying is this. The D3 IS a great successor to the D1 and D2. The X2 is not a good successor to the X. Yes it is faster and a bit better...but just not that much different from the X.

I just keep seeing all this hype over the Bionic and am having a tough time justifying it.

Would I like to be proven wrong.... that would be a definitive yes.

The unlocked bootloader is unlikely but the hype isn't just around the specs, its the specs + 4gLTE.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

DoctorV

Reaction score
And the back of it...

bionic-dock-high-res-600x488.png

I KNEW it had a camera hump! With the previous leaked pictures some odd shading made it appear that it had a hump but people said that that was due to the low quality picture.

das2042

Reaction score
by the looks of it, that phone is going to be THICK!!! So the camera hump makes sense to keep the thickness down. I for one dont care and am just very glad it doesn't look like the leaked droid does page. I tried replying to all this on my phone, but for some reason it just kept force closing. I think my droid 1 is very jealous and knows the end of its days are inevitable!

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
by the looks of it, that phone is going to be THICK!!! So the camera hump makes sense to keep the thickness down. I for one dont care and am just very glad it doesn't look like the leaked droid does page. I tried replying to all this on my phone, but for some reason it just kept force closing. I think my droid 1 is very jealous and knows the end of its days are inevitable!

Ya, its supposed to be over a half inch thick.
But why would a camera hump help?

Doesn't that make it even MORE thick?

Reaction score
Obviously its all speculative, but I ve been reading more and more that the screen size is 4.3 instead of the previous 4.5. I hope they stick with the 4.5 because that is one of the main features I was looking forward to.....anyone else have thoughts on this?