New Droid and...

thelion

Reaction score
Droid4 arrived last night and.....

....it appears to be working properly! No reception issues! No locked up screens! Not even one single battery pull yet! Yay!

I'm giving it until Monday. That is when their survey response team will be calling me back. VZW made the mistake of allowing me to take an after call survey right after their sup told me it wasn't his problem that my Eris did not work....needless to say my responses were not favorable. Six phones in two months, atrocious customer service and a general lack of "owning the issue" on the part of VZW all but guaranteed that.

gentlefury

Reaction score
Six phones in two months? Horrible customer service. Sounds like someone doesn't know how to use their phone properly or has unrealistic expectations of a smart phone. I've had to reset my droid a few times. It's par to the course. As for bad customer service, I can tell you this with all the confidence in the world. Verizon has some of the best CSRs I have ever dealt with. My guess is you have been calling them shouting that your phone is a piece of crap and it is their responsiblity to fix it. I get that just from your post. Next time you have to call anyone to ask for their help, try being calm and polite. Bet your experience will be works better.

iPirate

Reaction score
Six phones in two months? Horrible customer service. Sounds like someone doesn't know how to use their phone properly or has unrealistic expectations of a smart phone. I've had to reset my droid a few times. It's par to the course. As for bad customer service, I can tell you this with all the confidence in the world. Verizon has some of the best CSRs I have ever dealt with. My guess is you have been calling them shouting that your phone is a piece of crap and it is their responsiblity to fix it. I get that just from your post. Next time you have to call anyone to ask for their help, try being calm and polite. Bet your experience will be works better.
6 phones is a lot

OP
thelion

thelion

Reaction score
battery pull
lemme Guess, you came from RIM?
^^

Hope it works,

Tigger

Nope. I had a Storm2 for about four days but it is just what I have always called having to take a battery out of a phone because it freezes.

Phone 1 - would not turn on after the first 1/2 hour of use
Phone 2 - sounded like I was underwater and would freeze often
Phone 3 - Would not launch built in apps, terrible reception
Phone 4 - terrible reception, froze
Phone 5 - I was d/g to Eris and had about a three hour standby battery life
Phone 6 - so far, so good.

As for the reception issues, they were witnessed by in store techs who were shocked at the recepetion problems. But were not overly surprised as everytime I exchanged my Droid there was another person there exchanging it for the same reason. Corporate is looking into a "bad batch" situation. The Eris was a piece of crap and I should not have been d/g'd.

So don't give me that crap. I know how to use the phone and I don't have wild expectations. My Droid is staying charged (with moderate use I got about 15 hours of battery life out of it yesterday before it hit 40%) and my calls are clear. Hopefully it stays this way.

I was always calm and polite. The customer service issues came into play in the stores (corporate) and with their supervisors who insisted it was "not their problem" and not "verizon's responsibility" to 1. fix billing issues (charged 2x for one phone), 2. troubleshoot reception problems in a area with demonstrated reception quality, and 3. the general lack of communication between corporate escalation and 611 customer service. That is bad customer service. I would never permit that in my employees. Never. Sadly you are right, however, they are the best out there. But that doesn't make them good enough. Their corporate team, however, is great.
And, before it is asked - no these were not problems caused by apps and no this is not my first smart phone :)

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like user error to me.:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Just kidding, good luck with this one.:)

OP
thelion

thelion

Reaction score
Sounds like user error to me.:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Just kidding, good luck with this one.:)

Yeah. I wish. No, so far this one works as it should. Calls are clear except in my house but that is not VZW's fault - it is like a vault in here :). I have not had to do a single battery pull and the battery life is lasting well.

Here is hoping. Sixth time, the charm!

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't need to remind anyone here where we are posting. Flaming and bashing isn't welcomed here! So please be nice