New droid, 3g issues

stlunatik806

Reaction score
Just got my Moto Droid not too long ago. absolutely LOVE the phone, when it works right that is.
As soon as i activated it i was in love with how fast and how well it worked. but the next morning when i woke up the 3g symbol had disappeared and it wouldnt let me connect to anything that needed a network connection to use. I then called Verizon and they had me do a couple things and just randomly in the middle of all of it (about 4 hours after loosing the connection) it came back up.
its been good now for about a week since then but just this morning when i was trying to post on another forum I'm a member of it decides to do it again. I've tried to reprogram it using *228 but its not helping.
I've done a quick search on here to see if this was common but all it brought up was a few things about how sometimes it would go away but whenever they tried using a app that needed it then it would come right back. mine however doesn't do that and just stays off. is there any way to force it back on?

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still use the air plane mode trick. Next time you drop 3G put the phone into air plane mode for just a second and then take it out of air plane mode. It works like a charm for me. Others have had mixed results.

OP
S

stlunatik806

Reaction score
Yeah i've tried that a lot. it doesnt work though. i even put it in airplane mode, restarted the phone and then took it out of airplane mode and still nothing.

beckx020

Reaction score
Don't know if this could be your problem...

If I have wifi turned on, it will pick wifi over 3G if there is a signal. Even a WEAK signal. But sometimes the dsl here goes down or the access point is stuck and needs reboot. When that happens, phone will stick on wifi which doesn't work. Turn wifi off and 3G will come back.

OP
S

stlunatik806

Reaction score
Don't know if this could be your problem...

If I have wifi turned on, it will pick wifi over 3G if there is a signal. Even a WEAK signal. But sometimes the dsl here goes down or the access point is stuck and needs reboot. When that happens, phone will stick on wifi which doesn't work. Turn wifi off and 3G will come back.

Yeah i dont have wifi turned on. i cant even receive pic messages from anyone with this not working which is just making things even more frustrating. i'm about to send it back and make them give me a new one and just use my stupid blackberry until i get a new one.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Is this just in one location or several?

OP
S

stlunatik806

Reaction score
Is this just in one location or several?

the first time it happened i was at my old house about an hour away from here, and now i'm at my apartment. if i cant figure out how to fix it and on the way to work it still does it then i'll know its definitely the phone and i'll probably end up having to get a new one.

OP
S

stlunatik806

Reaction score
bump it up. someone out there has to know how to fix this

OP
S

stlunatik806

Reaction score
Well i got it fixed, and anyone else who ever has this problem figured i could tell what i had to do. dial ##7764726 click on phone settings and check to make sure the settings are correct, my cdma id changed to 21 when it should have been 374. all better now.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It just tells me unable to complete this call when I dial that number.

OP
S

stlunatik806

Reaction score
when i dial it it brings you to a screen asking for a spc password, then the password is 000000 then you do what i said.

kayechz

Reaction score
Ok, I've been experiencing the same thing: spotty 3g over the last 3 days. I tried the hidden program menu ##77.... didn't work. Mine was originally at 17 on the Apex Rom...set it to 374..nothing. Tried 21 like yours was on originally, nothing. HELPPPP!!!! This is truly frustrating!

On top of it, called Verizon and of course they didn't know what the heck to do either.

iamjoe

Reaction score
question about suggestion to change cdma id

I've been having bad 3g connectivity for far to long on my DROID 1. 3g drops, then works, then drops. I mostly see this when I am using the sirius app.

I read the post below about changing the cdma id. Is there a list of id's? What is 374 all about?

Thanks

Well i got it fixed, and anyone else who ever has this problem figured i could tell what i had to do. dial ##7764726 click on phone settings and check to make sure the settings are correct, my cdma id changed to 21 when it should have been 374. all better now.