New Droid 2..what mods should do 1st???

miico

Reaction score
Hey Everybody! I just ordered it & it will be my 1st phone w an Android OS. I really want to optimize it's performance & batt life to the fullest. Does anyone have any suggestion on what mods I need to do to get this done? or maybe know a forum that can help me out?? Thanks in advance for your help!!!

pool_shark

Reaction score
The first thing you need to do is play with the phone for 2-3 days to get use to it. Go into the settings, go into any app you want to use and hit the menu button to see what options are available to you.

dast

Reaction score
One thing I suggest before doing any kind of mods would be to root, install the boot strap recovery app for D2, and run a full nandroid backup in case anything goes wrong.

After that, I highly suggest buying Titanium Backup. It's got a feature that lets you "freeze" applications (including stock apps), which should stop them from running anything in the background and hide them in the app drawer without actually uninstalling them. I use this to cut out the bloat of social networking crap that Motorola loads on the D2 without the risk that comes from trying to manually remove or rename stuff (can cause OS updates to fail).

After that... Mod away.