New Droid 2 user, former BB user

gohoosiers

Reaction score
I've had my Droid 2 for about a month now and there are definitely things I liked better on my BB. Hope to find out some hints and tricks here to make me more satisfied with my decision to switch.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had my Droid 2 for about a month now and there are definitely things I liked better on my BB. Hope to find out some hints and tricks here to make me more satisfied with my decision to switch.

:welcome: to the Forum. Now things like what?

I had a Blackberry Storm for a year and a storm 2 for less then 30 days before coming over to the Droid. Did you enjoy the daily battery pulls more? Or maybe it was that speedy browser that Blackberry has. :rolleyes:

I'm joking with you but it would be helpful if we knew what it is you found better on a Blackberry then you do on a Droid 2 so we can help you to make the adjustments needed. I'll say this: If you had 30 days and you didn't return your D2 then that's nobody's fault but your own. So please tell us what your issues are.

We are here to help. There is no doubt that there is a huge learning curve going from a Blackberry to a D2, probably larger then going from a Blackberry to a Droid. And there is a distinct possibility that the D2 just isn't the right phone for you. But that goes back to my 30 day remark, if that's the case you should have known that by then.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
:welcome:

theres an app for almost everything that BB offers on android. what are you looking for?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome Hoosiers! You'll find lots of friendly and helpful members here who support the Forum and root for the Big Ten!

Mike

OP
G

gohoosiers

Reaction score
Thank you all.

I've already had one of my questions answered by a post in another forum. But thus far, my main complaint on the Droid vs. BB is searching contacts. On my BB 8530, I just started typing a name and it automatically searched contacts, I could scroll to who I was looking for and hit the call button. On Droid, it's hit search button, hit the pull down, select contacts, then start searching. I know this seems like a minor annoyance, and if that's my only complaint I really don't have anything to complain about. Is there a way, though, to make contact search the default rather than web search?

This almost bothered me enough to trade it in before my 30 days were up, but the GPS was too cool. I haven't loaded up a bunch of other apps yet, since I haven't really looked at what's available.

s22lane

Reaction score
I have to say that I love my Droid and now wonder why I didnt swich sooner....no more battery pulls....enuf said!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gohoosiers, I have a Droid so my suggestion may not be applicable.

Tap menu, tap search, tap searchable items. Make sure the contacts box is checked.

Let us know if this works.

Mike