New Droid 2 Owner!

fireandice

Reaction score
Went to Verizon yesterday to get my first smartphone. I expected to leave with a Blackberry, but the sales rep (who told me she owns both a Blackberry and Droid) really sold me on the Droid... and wow, am I glad she did. I love this phone! I can't believe all the features, how easy it is to use, all the apps.. I was really concerned about the battery life in the Droid.. but honestly it doesn't matter. I will plug the thing in more often, get an extended battery, whatever. It is worth it. Everything I could ever want in a phone.. for work and for fun.. seem to be wrapped up in this hand held device. Amazing.

timrock

Reaction score
welcome. i feel the same way. The X is a great phone, and i dont see myself upgrading for a while. With the addition of foryo 2.2, it can only get better. enjoy your purchase.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum and Congrats on the D2 I have an extended battery on my Original Droid with no worries, I can go all day without a charge

Words of wisdom (because we know how VZW works) if they installed a task killer for you, uninstall it, it is not needed and will eat up your battery and your phones resources

OP
F

fireandice

Reaction score
Thanks, guys!

Good to know about the task killer. I actually downloaded it myself but ended up uninstalling it... the icon seemed to keep popping up everywhere and programs I thought I killed with it were still running so I uninstalled it and thought I'd see if there was anything better. If it isn't beneficial to have, though, I'll just pass

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
just pass on it, Android does a great job of task and memory managment :)

everstar80

Reaction score
You are among a steadily growing number or people that are seeing how amazing this phone truly is. I've had mine for over a month and I'm still finding things that I love about the droid 2!!!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For the d2 you can improve battery life by going into settings, click data manager, and turn off background data. With background data off you will improve battery life but your market will not work, gtalk, or anything that uses background data until you turn it back on (but you will know cuz it will prompt you to when you go to use it).

Also make sure to turn off bluetooth, gps, and wifi when they are not in use. And I would suggest set your brightness to auto.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;IFt4E6k9PK4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFt4E6k9PK4]YouTube - Droid 2 hacks - Tips for Droid 2 Dummies![/video]