New Droid 2 owner...lovin it so far!!

jnorthway

Reaction score
Hello All,

Finally got fed up with my Storm 2 and made the plunge to a Droid 2.

Still getting used to the differences, but overall the difference is like night and day. I have a few frustrations because of the differences, but everything is just EASIER with the Android OS.

I'll check the tech forums, but if anyone would like to point me in the right direction some of these initial things I'd greatly appreciate it.

1) How do I search the Calendar?
2) Adding ringtones - how to?
3) Email - this thing doesn't save a draft when I answer a call or text in the middle of writing?!!?

Anyway, hello again, and thanks in advance for any assistance.

Jon

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Good to have you with us. Check out the entire Droid 2 section by clicking the Forum link above. There is a lot of very helpful information in the different sections.

I have a Droid and for me:

1) How do I search the Calendar?
Tap the search soft key (magnifying glass) tap menu, tap search settings, tap searchable items.

2) Adding ringtones - how to?

Tap menu, tap notifications. You can add individual ringtones for contacts. Open contacts, tap the contact, tap menu, tap options, tap ringtone.
3) Email - this thing doesn't save a draft when I answer a call or text in the middle of writing?!!?

I'm not sure about the draft issue, sorry.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

OP
J

jnorthway

Reaction score
mwhartman - Thanks for the quick response.

Calendar question - I did check the searchable items previously, but the Calendar is not an option. I must be missing something, it would pretty ridiculous (I think) to be able to search everything on the phone EXCEPT the Calendar.

Ringtones - I think I figured this one out. I already knew how to select from Ringtones that were already on the phone. My question was how do I add new ones. I just copied them (they were MP3 files) to the SD card and brought it up in the player. Then I just told it to use as ringtone.

Email - Another one that seems pretty silly. I must be doing something wrong. If I start writing a reply to an email and switch to something else (like a music app or even answer a call), everything I had entered is wiped and gets put...NO WHERE??? Anyone have any ideas??

I'll dig into the forums a bit more and see what I can find.

Thanks,
Jon

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
mwhartman - Thanks for the quick response.

Calendar question - I did check the searchable items previously, but the Calendar is not an option. I must be missing something, it would pretty ridiculous (I think) to be able to search everything on the phone EXCEPT the Calendar.

Interestingly, I just checked mine and it does not have calendar in that particular setting. Sorry!

Ringtones - I think I figured this one out. I already knew how to select from Ringtones that were already on the phone. My question was how do I add new ones. I just copied them (they were MP3 files) to the SD card and brought it up in the player. Then I just told it to use as ringtone.

Correct.

Email - Another one that seems pretty silly. I must be doing something wrong. If I start writing a reply to an email and switch to something else (like a music app or even answer a call), everything I had entered is wiped and gets put...NO WHERE??? Anyone have any ideas??

I'll dig into the forums a bit more and see what I can find.

Thanks,
Jon

Let us know what you find, please