New Droid 2 Global User

Dukefrukem

Reaction score
So I'm a multiple new phone user right now.

I just upgrade my work phone to the Droid 2 Global. I originally purchased the Moto Droid on day 1 of release so I'm familiar with this phone. I love the four rows of the QWERTY keyboard! Fantastic. I'm coming off the Droid Incredible so going back to tactile keyboard is wonderful.

Couple of things I noticed.

The app Gmail Notifier doesn't seem to work with the D2G. It allows me to change the color of my mail. Does anyone have a solution or an app that allows me to change the color of my mail, text messaging and missed calls LEDs?

Also, the battery life is down right AWFUL. Any advice to improve this would be fantastic. I can't believe how much the battery drains just on my drive in to work! I have teh screen brightness on the lowest setting, sync, wifi and blutooth turned off!

Please help in these two areas.

Thx! dancedroid

OP
D

Dukefrukem

Reaction score
Still looking for help with battery life on the Droid 2 Global.

Anyone?

OP
D

Dukefrukem

Reaction score
Awe, crap. I posted this in the wrong section. Could a mod please move it?

Reaction score
Check my sticky at the top of the D2G forum entitled "My Battery Life Writeup", it should help significantly with your battery life. As for the LED color changing, I've seen people recommend Blink, but I've seen others say it didn't work for them, or it worked inconsistently. YMMV. All I can say for sure is that handcent can change the color for your text/SMS notification, so the capability exists, I just don't know if there's an app for it.

OP
D

Dukefrukem

Reaction score
Check my sticky at the top of the D2G forum entitled "My Battery Life Writeup", it should help significantly with your battery life. As for the LED color changing, I've seen people recommend Blink, but I've seen others say it didn't work for them, or it worked inconsistently. YMMV. All I can say for sure is that handcent can change the color for your text/SMS notification, so the capability exists, I just don't know if there's an app for it.

Its a fantastic write up! Thank you.

I'm now debating whether or not I should root the device.